Re: Bring your own device rebate scam
Bababin1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happened to me.  I was supposed to get $450 per device.  And they did not honor it.  I spent hours online with this woman rep signing up and talking about the more expensive plan I had to get to be eligible and she said I would recieve the gift cards in the mail, nothing about any rebate. Now they wont honor it and say I had to do it a rebate with rebate codes from my reciept... which do not exist. And I'm out 800 I paid to get out of my old plan to get better service with Verizon. And the service isn't even any better. 

Bababin1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been calling and emailing/ chatting for a month trying to get mine straightened out. It's a scam and they have no intention of honoring the promotion. They purposefully.give you the wrong information and make it impossible to recieve the rebates 

0 Likes
SpruceZeus
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is even worse than doing it on purpose ... it is lack of knowledge.

Have you (they) tried this one? BYOD250UNL  ...it could be BYOD450UNL .... BYOD350UNL

These were my codes and they are NOT in their system when i spoke with them and a rep took the time to reverse engineer things to find them. In the system it was 450 and he just tried out 250 in there and it worked, etc.

Anyway, hope it helps

Casey OBrien
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Bababin1986. It's great to get a rebate, so I understand your concern about conflicting information. We're here to help. Please check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes