Can I get Visual voicemail on a BlackBerry Keyone?
Emaderton3
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are several reports that visual voicemail will not work on the BlackBerry Keyone as a BYOD even if it is provisioned correctly.  Is this true in every case or is there some solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual voicemail on BlackBerry Keyone
DAMTER49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the unlocked Verizon CDMA KeyOne.  Visual voice-mail is the only feature that doesn't work (which doesn't bother me, since I never use it).  HD Voice works just fine, as does everything else.  And switching over was a breeze - just went to the BYOD section of MyVerizon, entered the EMEI (or whatever) number, followed the directions, and was up an running.  I'll admit that I've not tried Wi-Fi calling, but probably won't, as I use other services (Google HangOut, BBM) for VOIP talk and video calling.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, Emaderton3. I know I would want to ensure my new phone works with all the features I need too. The BlackBerry Keyone is a sweet device, however since it is not a direct VZW device the phone is not fully compatible with all of our features. You may want to use. You may want to check for a third party solution for visual voicemail functionality.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Emaderton3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, thanks.  A few questions:

1.  What other features would not be available if I bought a Keyone and used it as BYOD?  I have heard that many things do work.

2.  Will you be getting the Keyone in the future as an official Verizon branded device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure your phone is working properly Emaderton3. Unfortunately, we would not know what specific features will not function properly until the phone is activated.

We do not have any info regarding the availability of this device with VZW. You can visit http://vz.to/29YbVKi to sign up for email alerts for new products and services coming to VZW.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Emaderton3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, you knew that visual voicemail would not be available, so one would think you would know at least some of the other features that would not be available.

0 Likes
DAMTER49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the unlocked Verizon CDMA KeyOne.  Visual voice-mail is the only feature that doesn't work (which doesn't bother me, since I never use it).  HD Voice works just fine, as does everything else.  And switching over was a breeze - just went to the BYOD section of MyVerizon, entered the EMEI (or whatever) number, followed the directions, and was up an running.  I'll admit that I've not tried Wi-Fi calling, but probably won't, as I use other services (Google HangOut, BBM) for VOIP talk and video calling.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Emaderton3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you!  This is exactly the type of information I was looking for.  VVM is nice but most people don't have it anyway.  I didn't even realize Verizon allowed WiFi calling even though I have been with them for a while.  I am hoping to retire my Q10 some time later this year and get a KEYone.  It would be nice (hint, hint Verizon) if they did officially get it though!

Do you have insurance?  If so, did you buy it through Amazon, Best Buy, or an independent retailer?

0 Likes
DAMTER49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got mine from Amazon, although if I did it today I might go with BestBuy, since one can then pick it up locally.  Didn't get insurance (pretty careful with my devices).

If you want to ensure that you get all the services available, have the ability to finance it (with a payment plan), and get the other advantages of buying through a carrier, Sprint is now carrying the KeyOne.  I'm certain they'd be happy to have you.

Again, I hope that helps.

0 Likes
Emaderton3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is by far the best in my area, so I have no plans of switching any time soon.  I suffered with poor coverage with TMobile and am not taking that risk again. 

I am very careful with my phones as well, but sometimes accidents (or kids) happen lol!

0 Likes