Re: Can send but not receive text messages on Motorola Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@splato, seeing that this is a new phone, let's make sure to end the mystery and get you some answers regarding your notifications and texts. Is your device also an unlocked device or is it locked to Verizon? Are you able to send out text messages as well? How frequent are your texting problems? Are all notifications impacted, such as third-party app notifications? 

Akane_VZW

0 Likes
stoptakingmymoney
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Motorola power g (2021) retail version also required that I contact Verizon to activate the CDMA-Less feature on my existing account to allow me to receive txt messages. Level one chat support was unable to help and I had to get to second tier support before they knew how to do this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I wanted to follow up to ensure you are taken care of. Were you able to get the help you needed? -AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
uzumakithu

Yes I had the same problem this noon. I switched SIM to the Motorola Edge (Unlocked), and yet I didn't receive any text, SMS/MMS from others. It was really frustrating, because I tried to confirm the new device on laptop, they sent me verification code and I couldn't receive it. How should I fix this then???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to able receive texts. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
Missterious
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is still a problem. The Verizon Rep has turned on the CDMA-less mode and we still can't receive texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Missterious,

We are always here to help when you need us the most. What exactly is going on with your device? What specific make and model do you have?

-Christopher

0 Likes