Device Upgrade after BYOD promotion
ebchill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

We switched to Verizon on July 14, 2021 and used the $650 BYOD promotion while transferring our phone numbers. Fortunately, we received the e-gift cards for both lines without any problems.

My confusion has started when I asked if we could upgrade the devices we brought in (iPhone 11 and SE-2nd Gen). I was given two different and somewhat conflicting answers:

• Two customer representatives told me that upgrading our devices via a new device payment plan in the first 12 months would be considered as not meeting the eligibility requirement, so that Verizon would charge us back the e-gift card amounts.
  • Another couple of reps told me that we only need to keep using the devices we brought in for 45 days. After 45 days, we can upgrade to new phones through a device payment plan.

I would like to ask if someone from Verizon can clarify which of the above answers is the correct one.

It would also be very helpful if any fellow customer could share their experience with upgrading devices after using BYOD promotion. Was anyone able to upgrade their devices without waiting a whole year and without jeopardizing their BYOD promotions?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Device Upgrade after BYOD promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ebchill welcome to Verizon (since July), we always want to be on the same page. I apologize that was not your experience. I have reviewed the promotion BYOD Smartphone - $650 Verizon eGift card. The requirement is this "the same IMEI from the eligible device must remain active on the line for 45 consecutive days from the activation date." You have already completed the requirement and if you would like to get a new phone (who doesn't), you can do so without any penalties. Does this answer your question? -Dolores

ebchill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Dolores,

Thank you for your answer.

Just to confirm my understanding is correct: Am I also allowed to get a new phone via a new device payment plan?

The two reps who told me to wait 12 months also told me that I could upgrade by paying the full price without any problems. But, they said any new device payment plan would void the gift cards. I am interested in getting a new phone via a device payment plan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd love to clarify this concern for you. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. ~Aaron

0 Likes
Uh60george
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like the answer to this question as well. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out today. To be sure that we're on the right path to assist you here, I see that you're referencing a previous message as displayed below:

"Just to confirm my understanding is correct: Am I also allowed to get a new phone via a new device payment plan?

The two reps who told me to wait 12 months also told me that I could upgrade by paying the full price without any problems. But, they said any new device payment plan would void the gift cards. I am interested in getting a new phone via a device payment plan."

Typically, once a Device Payment Program (DPP) agreement has been paid in full, our customers are able to upgrade to a new device at their convenience. However, we want to ensure that we're on the right path to assist you and provide accurate information, as there may be additional information with the agreement resulting from bringing your own device over to Verizon (e.g., promo offers included as a result of doing so).

Our customers are able to quickly check to see if they're eligible for a Device Upgrade from their mobile device by dialing #UPG or #874 and tapping the CALL/SEND button from their mobile device.

We'd be more than glad to assist you with investigating this matter.

Siince we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

-Robert C.

0 Likes