HTC U12+ Will not connect to network
kdog5

After over an hour with 3 Verizon wireless chat techs, my HTC12+ (Factory unlocked, brand new) will still not connect to the network!!! What is going on? I've reset it, powered it down and now it's been over 8 hours since the last tech said he was positive it will connect...HELP! Now I have no phone at all!

0 Likes
Re: HTC U12+ Will not connect to network
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

Have to ask questions you probably already answers.

Are you talking cellular data (4G Internet) or voice.

You can place/receive a voice call/text.

You have a 3G or 4G in the status bar at top.

In settings somewhere is "About phone". Look under status.  Is your phone number there.

Back out to About phone, look at network. Check the different statuses.

Dumb stuff: Mobile data is on. Airplane mode off. No VPNs set up. Wi-Fi off.

If this is a commissioning to the network issue. You may have to go somewhere with Wi-Fi, so that the phone can be commissioned on to the Verizon network.

Really hard to trouble shoot without the phone. Do not have access to the... lets say the Network commissioning App.

Out of the box defects are rare though they do happen.

0 Likes
kdog5

Nothing worked...two sims from Verizon, 5 techs and 3 hours of chat. Nothing. No response from Verizon now for over two business days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kdog5,

We want to make sure you can use your phone. Is the software and all the apps fully up-to-date? Where did you purchase this device?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
kdog5

Everything up to date, but that doesn't matter anymore as I cancelled Verizon service after my horrible customer service and non responsive tech support!

0 Likes