How do I get the $450 BYOD gift card
jeff3f

I just activated and ported a number into Verizon on an unlimited plan, and I don't know how to go about getting my $450 gift card. I just activated today. What do I do next?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How do I get the $450 BYOD gift card
pdxpoints

Why doesnt this get a quick answer? I ported over too, and there is no notification. I chat with VZ, and they keep asking me for the submission id? 

I try to explain to them that I dont have a submission ID - as i dont know how to "submit" and they start over and somehow land in - what is the submission id?? 

Feeling annoyed.. Mine is a straight up port from ATT. Wouldnt mind walking back, if this cannot be resolved before the 14 day trial ends.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeff3f, we are thrilled to learn that you joined the Verizon family. The BYOD promotion is amazing and we want you to claim it. Please visit our promotions page. https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/ You need to use the promotion code that is printed on your receipt. Also, you must redeem your offer within 30 days of activation, and the device you activated must remain active for 45 consecutive days to avoid a chargeback. Does this information help? JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
Wolfenstyne

I never got my code on my receipt, had to get the promo code from a chat customer service. That's a bit lame.

I submitted and got a tracking #, which is now telling me I wont expect that till end of June? There was no language anywhere in the promo offer that it would take so long to get the gift card. 

End of June am I going to get scammed for not redeeming my offer within 30 days of activation ? 

The entire process of this is done poorly, and not communicated well. Already leaving a bad taste that Verizon is going to consistently try to lie or halfway lie to me in promotions. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wolfenstyne-

Our goal is for our customers to get their gift card or any other promotion they may qualify for without any issues. I am sorry to learn that you never received a code to submit your rebate online. As a consumer myself, I know how important it is to get my gift card. Please know this is never the experience we want you to have. Please reply to my Private Message for further assistance on this matter.

-CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Pangborn

The claim process only exists to try and prevent some customers from claiming them.

I am sure that Verizon, and other carriers earn (or technically don't lose) ,millions of dollars each year.

First, getting the correct rebate the customer is eligible for can be tedious .

The same customer can get a different rebate amount if they call, use the web, or the Verizon app. Now, I understand why these exist, and that is to encourage the customer to use the least expensive option to Verizon, for the customer to place their order. And when that all works, it's great for both parties. When it fails however, is when the customer really pays the price. 

1. Try to place an order on the web, but receive a message the "OOps, we ran into a technical issue. Please call to complete your order." When you call, the agent starts a new order, and the customer no longer qualifies for the rebate.  Now, the customer has to call back in and try to get billing to give a credit, which can take days to weeks, and in my case, no response of either. No case ID, to email, nothing.

2. Try to place a new order via the Verizon APP. You receive a notice you are eligible for a $450 rebate. All you need to do is update your contact information for the new line, but you can't update the contact information. Why ? It just doesn't work. The validation code is sent, it's approved, but clicking the submit button does nothing. So you go to web site, where you are only offered a $350 rebate, the same as if you call in or go to a store.

If Verizon's goal was really for "our customers to get their gift card or any other promotion they may qualify for without any issues", then the rebates would just be issues to the line when the customer qualified, without the customer having to sign in, find the notice, click the rebate, confirm the email, submit, and wait.

PS: Every Verizon agent I have spoken to in the last 8 days has been extremely kind and polite, offering every encouraging word possible, but no action in the end.  It is not the agents faults, they simply do not have the 'power' to fix/resolve/prevent the problems. This is a management issue, who likely do not know the problems exist, or do, and don't care.    

0 Likes
DSL69
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is how Verizon gets you.  They lied to me, too.  Signed me up with an offer of $500 per phone I brought over, and then there was an "issue" needing me to reapply for the cards which no one can help me with.  What a scamm.  This is why you never sign a contract with a disreputable service like Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, DSL69. We know how important it is for you receive your Gift Cards. We are sending you a Private Message to help you resolve this issue.  

*Cassie

0 Likes