I was lied to about older iPhone device/plan compatibility.
MythShop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an old iPhone 4s and wanted to get on the new Go Unlimited plan. I checked my IMEID with their compatibility checker and was denied compatibility. I then shared my IMEID with a chat rep to confirm and they also agreed that my 4s was not compatible with the new unlimited plan. Third time's a charm, I went into a store and a rep tried and succeeded in signing me up for the plan without a single hitch. I feel like Verizon was trying to deceive me so that I would upgrade phones so they could make more money from me. I just wanted to put my situation out there to warn people of Verizon's tactics. It goes hand in hand with the new reports of throttling phone performance to "save battery" on older models when it's very clear that they just want to push old phones out of the way to sell new, expensive phones. Go to a brick and mortar store before you give up and buy a new phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I was lied to about older iPhone device/plan compatibility.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the iPhone 4s was already activated on your account, you should have been able to switch your plan at any time. The IMEI number might have flagged for other reasons. Either way you should seriously consider upgrading your phone to one that can connect to the LTE network as iPhone 4s is CDMA/EDVO only. At some point in the future, Verizon Wireless will be planning to shutdown their CDMA and EDVO network and refarm those frequencies for LTE.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I was lied to about older iPhone device/plan compatibility.
MythShop
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was inactive. My IMEID was not flagged. The network is not changing for two long years. I am satisfied with the speed and coverage. Why would I buy into a $300+ upgrade if I don't have to and don't want to? All of your points are beside the point here.

0 Likes