Illegal Rebate Service Requirements
jpspyro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I should have scanned the page more aptly when I ported in my BYOD devices in Summer 2022. The Terms & Conditions say rebates can be charged back if service is cancelled within 12/months. How is this legally enforceable if the official T&C website copy can just change whenever over time? I have no rebate agreement in writing that is available anywhere. The support reps just send me to the current BYOD rebate page. 

I'm being held hostage on a potential $700 charge-back for BYOD device service if I cancel early, all while being stuck on Verizon service that simply does not work most of the time in my area.

Would love to hear from Verizon legal on this...

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Illegal Rebate Service Requirements
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Providing a reliable connection is vital to us; please tell us more about the service problems you're experiencing. -Evelyn

0 Likes
jpspyro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Asheville is notoriously bad for Verizon service, even so there have been news articles published about it. No service in several parts of town that render my phone unusable without Wi-FI which is awful from a safety perspective if I needed to call 911. It's so bad I wanted to switch to another carrier after just a few months of service but I'm locked in with this rebate charge-back if I leave before 12 months.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2022/02/07/asheville-nc-answer-man-verizon-service-te...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpspyro, 

Hello. We are here to help. I am sorry you feel like you are locked in. We do our best to provide the best coverage possible. Sometimes there are factors outside our control. This is why we give you a 30 day period ot try the service before you submit any rebates and you will know if the service is going to work for you. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes
jpspyro
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is not helpful, as well as you should listen to 100s of your customers complaining about not just bad service, non-existent service in areas of a major city.

0 Likes