LTE on a laptop requires a business plan?
Homeskillet

Several laptops have LTE capabilities (like the Microsoft Surface), but Verizon told me I can't add one to my personal unlimited plan.  They say the Surface is not considered a tablet, and therefore I would have to open a separate "Business Plan" to use it.  Is there anyone out there who's had the same experience?  

0 Likes
Re: LTE on a laptop requires a business plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand wanting to have a device on a plan you want. The device such as the Microsoft Service does have a requirement to be on a business account. We do have devices that do not require a business account. Those can be found here https://www.verizonwireless.com/tablets/

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Homeskillet

And how much would a business plan cost, for one user (myself) who already has a Get More Unlimited plan with you?  I have already asked this question on the phone with 3 different Verizon personnel, but none of them knew the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Homeskillet ,

It's always good to have the right information when considering a move from a personal account to a business account. Exact prices can vary, based on the size of your business, so it would be recommended to contact our Business Team for the best answer. Using this link, click on the "Contact Us" in the upper-right corner to be given options to request a consultation: https://enterprise.verizon.com/?cpur=1& 

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
Homeskillet

I'm not a business.  I merely want to use the LTE on a laptop.  I don't understand why you treat laptops differently than tablets.  From a data perspective there is no difference.  Either someone exceeds their data allowance, or they don't.  Who cares what kind of device they're using?  I guess I will need to switch to AT&T, because they do not care what kind of device I use my SIM card in.

0 Likes