Missing rebate for BYOD promo
koryestes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently switched to Verizon at the end of may. there was a $200 line switcher promo, and a $650 BYOD device promo that I was supposed to receive. I haven't been able to get either. The documentation on the offer said there would be a code on my receipt, which there is not. I contacted support and they informed me I hadn't waited long enough for the notification to appear on my account. It has been nearly a month with no indication they are coming. I called again and was told the only place that can assist me is the "rebate center" and I was given a phone number to call. This number was just the activation line for someone who has already received a card, and there was no way to talk to anyone or resolve my issue. If we could resolve this problem I would really appreciate it, this has been a pretty disappointing and frustrating way to start off as a Verizon customer.

Re: Missing rebate for BYOD promo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to you to take advantage of all the offers available when you joined the Verizon family @koryestes The last thing we want is for you to feel this way. Let's work together and figure this out. Which promotion are you missing the $200 or the $650?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
koryestes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both,  i switched two lines, my byod and switcher promo never showed up for my second line. I'm not certain the byod was $650, during check out it was showing either $450 or $650 depending on the page i was currently on. I do have screenshots of all of it though. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying this information, koryestes. Our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available offers. We have sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this matter and get additional information. 

GersonG_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi koryestes. Reaching back to you regarding the missing promo. Please reply to this message so we can continue working on this matter.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing rebate for BYOD promo (SCAM?!)
LB198
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has been doing this to me too! They have been dragging me and my whole family around for months. I brought over my whole family to Verizon  for the BYOD offer while directly coordinating the process with Verizon before during and after. There are so many threads on this complaint that I am just discovering today - and yet the Verizon customer service keeps suggesting I am lying. I am very disappointed to see that this has been going on for so long and yet the company has thus far continued to punt this issue to different departments and not call me back.  VERIZON, PLEASE GIVE US THE PROMISED BYOD OFFER ; WE HAVE WASTED A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF TIME  AND REALLY NEED THE RIGHT PERSON TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE RESOLUTION - not that it should matter, but my bill is over $340/mo so I hope this would incentivize a resolution.

1 - Verizon sent us the wrong SIM cards (twice!) my family spent literally 8 hours on the phone with Verizon just trying to get our phones ported over - such a customer service breakdown. The SIM cards we received were allocated to someone’s phones line on the side of the country and then were not for our model phones…… (a supervisor Never called me back to apologize for this or anything despite Verizon promising they would)

2 - didn’t send us the trade in boxes for several weeks; we had to chase Verizon to even get this problem resolved* (but they did not as they cannot confirm which phones were returned because they shave completely messed up it’s own system of whose phones are whose and still have the wrong sims in their system….)

3 - was told we would receive our BYOD rebates in 4-6 weeks or after about 2/3 months of bill pay

4 - I have texted the link chat, and called at least 8 times over the past months to get this resolved; and again supervisor had not called me back I am currently on hold again trying to speak to someone and keep getting kicked around

5 - my bill is over $340 a month and Verizon customer service still doesn’t call me back or fix this problem.

6 a there are so many other frustrating details of this saga; but I don’t have the energy to go through it all here. Verizon please just fix it. I am currently on hold again waiting for someone to speak to me……

koryestes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon  is saying they are messaging me for a solution, but they are not.Screenshot 2021-06-20 211351.jpg

koryestes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried every avenue, please resolve this issue 

0 Likes
koryestes
Enthusiast - Level 2

What can we do to resolve this

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

koryestes, we always want to make sure that you can get the best help possible! So we can help, please send us a Private Note! 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes