My $500 BYOD Rebate Submission was ruled to be invalid
ghertzsch

I signed up to switch to Verizon from Tracfone on December 13 based on the BYOD offer of a $500 Verizon Gift Card.  After hearing nothing for a couple of days I called the port customer service number, and they couldn't find my order at first.  After some searching they told me to wait for 48 hours for the number to switch.  After a few more days with nothing happening I called back again.   This time the rep was able to get Tracfone to release my number for porting and to wait for 48 more hours.  After a few more days with no action I called back again.  After some back and forth between two customer service agents it seems that my initial order was somehow not connected to my number which was now in the custody of Verizon.  She was able to finally push the activation through on December 24. 

When I submitted my rebate with the promo code BYOD5002021 as given in my initial order, the only date of purchase I could enter without it bouncing was December 12, the day before my actual purchase.  Recently my rebate was said to be invalid because either my line wasn't a new line of service or it wasn't activated within the eligible dates.  My line is indeed a new line of service with Verizon, as it was ported over from Tracfone.  The eligibility requirements give a date range of 10/28 to 12/15/2021.  I purchased my order on December 13.  The date I had to enter on the submission, December 12, is within that range.  While my phone wasn't activated until 12/24, that was because I had to call Verizon 3 separate times to finally get it through. 

Do I have any recourse?

0 Likes
Re: My $500 BYOD Rebate Submission was ruled to be invalid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to the Verizon Family, ghertzsch! We understand your concern regarding the rebate submission and we want to take a closer look at this matter. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist and continue the conversation. ~Vic

0 Likes
Forum16

You are not alone - I have a nearly identical issue that hasn't been resolved since August.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the rebates you qualify for. Please send us a Private Note, so we can further assist you.

~Maria

0 Likes