Never received shipping kit for phone trade-in
lfenton91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right location to post this topic, but I never received the materials to send in my old phone for trade-in.

I bought an iPhone 12 Pro on 11/24/2020 with a new line, switching over from another provider. I made sure to tell the salesman on the phone that I wanted to trade in my old iPhone, and he told me that I would receive a box and shipping label with my iPhone 12. 

I never received the materials that Verizon was supposed to provide. When I went to support chat, I was redirected to a webpage to order shipping materials, however the page is dead and nonfunctional. I tried to call the trade-in team 800 number, but nobody picked up for 30+ minutes of waiting.

Has anyone else experienced this? I appreciate you reading, thank you!

Re: Never received shipping kit for phone trade-in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. Do you still have the shipping box that you received your new phone in? If so, you can use that box to return your old device. Please make sure to use all the same shipping material when you return your device. If you can add extra padding, that is helpful. I say this, because you want to ensure the device is received without damage, or you may incur a damaged device charge. 

If you did not receive a return shipping label in the box, go to your My Verizon account and enter your Submission ID or email address that you used for your trade-in.  Click Check Status, then Print Shipping Label, afterwards attach to shipping package. Please take package to shipping company and obtain a receipt that they took possession of the package and retain for your records. 

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know if you have any difficulties. 

0 Likes
Cstephens4214
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. I spoke with a rep who instructed me to take the steps you stated, but I dont have the option to print a shipping label. I just see a button that reads "resend shipping materials." 

The rep I spoke with on the phone said she sent out another trade-in kit to the address on file, but she said it would take 7-10 days to receive. Verizon only gave me 15 days to get the old device back to them. This is concerning because I upgraded with a $400 off black friday promo and I really don't want to lose it due to circumstances out of my control.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cstephens4214, we never want you to lose out on a promotion, so we're right here to help. Did you lose or not see the return shipping label that came in the box with the new phone? When you click on "reset shipping materials" that would be what you need. What happens when you do that? AliciaD_VZW

steven4704
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also upgraded my phone because of the promotion Verizon was offering (on black Friday) but, I also did not receive a return box and shipping label.   I have spoken to three different customer service people and still have not received a return box or even a return label.  Nor can I find a link when I login to my account to print a return label.  This is getting ridiculous.   I really need someone at verizon to help me.  

Jdoyel25
Enthusiast - Level 2

EXACT same thing is happening to me and I can't get a single rep to help me! I've reached out to corp, online chat and over 6 hours of online phone calls! I don't know what to do.  I also have no option to print a label either.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

steven4704,

I want to make sure you can get your phone returned without issue and without needing to worry. Thank you so much for letting us know. Are you trading your phone in for a credit, or returning it because it is required as part of your upgrade? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
SJPuraVida
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue.

On 11/28/20, I purchased two new iPhone 12 Pro Max devices with a trade in agreement of our older models. I received the new devices but did not receive the trade in kits that were allegedly ordered. I’ve spent hours on the phone with customer loyalty over the course of multiple phone calls, at least an hour with online chat and attempted to seek help at a local Verizon.

At the local store, I was told they were able to print my label but worried that if they sent the return in, it would be lost in the system and we would essentially lose our devices and credit. Upon their direction, I contacted Customer Loyalty. I was on the phone for at least an hour while they tried to figure out how to get the labels to me. They directed me to access the labels sent to my email but was routed to the trade in kit request link. I was unable to access this so the rep asked me to wait until the following day for a follow up call.

I followed up with another phone call the following day and was then able to reorder the trade in kits. I was reassured there would not be an issue of credit applied due to the delay in receipt of this kit. This was requested on 12/10 and has still not been delivered. 

I reached out to the chat service tonight and was essentially told that I can either request the kit again and wait 2-3 days to see if it is delivered or I could visit a flagship store. They would not provide confirmation that the store would be able to support or that I would not lose the credit that was part of the original transaction.

I am sympathetic to the challenges that we are all dealing with due to the pandemic. What I am not appreciative of is that there is seemingly a known issue with this system, there is zero accountability or transparency by Verizon about the issue and they are not providing a resolution to simplify this. They should be working with the local stores to provide an option for customers experiencing this problem.

This experience has been wildly frustrating and a 180 from what I am used to with Verizon. I will never again make this purchase online or via phone with them. If the gap in service is not corrected, I’ll be considering a return to AT&T.

SJPuraVida
Enthusiast - Level 1

***UPDATE***

I finally received the trade in kits. They were ordered 3 times in total and received 8 days after the last order. *Maybe* this is a an outlier. Wish I had waited 12 hours longer to post but maybe this will be helpful to finding the root cause and delivering more options for the customer to resolve this as it occurs. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@SJPuraVida, Thanks for that update. I am glad to hear that you were met with resolution after all the efforts and time. I want to make sure I lift up any feedback you have about your trade-in experience so that we can prevent any issues in the future. Please let me know if I can look into anything else for you. Akane_VZW

0 Likes