No BYOD $500 Gift card email!
Ceroes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up in August for Verizon under the BYOD and was told I was eligible for the $500 gift card.

Last month I called and spent 2 hours talking to representatives who then told me to call next month and check since it hadn't been 8 weeks yet on the billing cycle.

Contacted support this week and still haven't received a callback like they told me I would.

Everytime you contact support they try to INSTANTLY blame the customer stating "Well if you didn't accept the gift card via the email we sent you, then  you missed your chance!"

Repeatedly I have had to let them know that assuming it's my fault is wrong and they never sent me a email in regards to the gift card AT ALL! I am sick of being blamed for Verizon's negligence, I am sick of being blamed for Verizon not following up. By the looks of it this is a common issue.

Get me my gift card please!!!

Re: No BYOD $500 Gift card email!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for reaching out! We will be delighted to help you out! We will send you a private note for further assistance. 

>Jesus

0 Likes
MK2022
Enthusiast - Level 1

its amazing how many people have been given the run around about the BYOD $500 gift card! I'm in the same boat...hopefully you get what Verizon owes you!

nathliamrieruiz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem! When I opened a new line with verizon in October and brought my phone I was sold the $500 gift card promotion. I did not receive any emails nor notifications about completing the rebate process.

When I contacted customer service in November, the representative said she submitted the rebate after being on the phone with her for over 40 minutes. Fast forward to December, I called customer service after not receiving a tracking number for the rebate the November representative said she submitted. When on the phone with the representative, he informed me the rebate was 1) never submitted and 2) I no longer qualified for it. They escalated the issue to the rebate department's supervisor on duty (9438) and his response was 'this is Verizon's problem to fix, not ours'. Once he sent me back to customer service, the new representative said there was nothing she nor any verizon supervisor could do to fix the problem. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he just stopped replying to my messages without closing the conversation nor working with me to find a solution.

Noone has taken any accountability for Verizon's negligence and poor customer service. This is so frustrating and I would love to hear back from ANYONE in verizon that is willing to work on a solution. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, nathliamrieruiz. Thanks for reaching out with those details. We understand it's vital that a solution is presented in your case. Feel free to send a Private Note for assistance. *Alexis

0 Likes