Not receiving BYOD Rebate or Notification
pimpdaddytwon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completed an offer to BYOD and add an additional line on 11/29/21 ($500 rebate gift card), but still have not received the rebate or any details on how to redeem.  I did not receive a receipt or notification with redeem instructions, and am getting no assistance from phone support.  What can I do to resolve this?  

Re: Not receiving BYOD Rebate or Notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's never our goal for you to have trouble with a rebate, pimpdaddytwon! Did the new line register for My Verizon? Which plan did you select for this line? What's the make and model of the device you activated?

-Kia

0 Likes
pimpdaddytwon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, yes. The new line is registered for Verizon on the Do More Unlimited 5G plan. It is an iPhone 8 Plus, which said it was a qualifying device.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to investigate this with us. The redemption option will appear in the My Verizon application and is available for 30 days from the time of the purchase. I regret we are unable to complete a redemption after the initial timeframe.  -Yale

0 Likes
lafolielogique
Enthusiast - Level 2

This also happened to me and I have talked to countless people and the best offer I have gotten is a statement credit for half of what they promised. This seems to be a repeat problem that a lot of people are having! I'm extremely unimpressed! You can see my exchange with them here.

Tags (2)
pimpdaddytwon
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is that this did not show in my notifications originally, and I had no way of knowing or redeeming the offer. This is extremely misleading, feels very bait-and-switch to get new customers/line to sign on, and doesn't even work as-intended in many cases.

dino1925
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same thing happened to me.  I thought that it was just an isolated incident - until I found this community.  I now realize that not only am I not an isolated incident, but it appears that is the their method of operation - shady, dishonest, and basically a bait-and-switch.  although they prefer to give you nothing but the run around hoping that you eventually give up.  Nice way of doing business Verizon.  Verizon = thieves, no other way of putting it.

dino1925
Enthusiast - Level 2

How convenient, don't send the link or notification, or even tell a customer to file for the rebate.  Then when they finally realize they were swindled it is already past the 30 days.  Dishonest and unethical business practice.  💩

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand your frustration and will make sure this is something we investigate to improve on going forward. Please share with me how long ago did you start service? 

-Rodney

0 Likes