Oneplus 8 Pro I got yesterday and Tech at store could not get it to work with a 5g sim on prepaid
NJDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

So got  myself a Oneplus 8 Pro yesterday and Tech at store could not get it to work with a 5g sim on prepaid and he was very nice and didn't know why but he could get it to work after a lot of trying with a 4G sim...I had read on here I thought even prepaid got some 5g I thought.....I came from a Pixel 3xl unlocked...I asked to make sure the CDMA was turned off on his set up if needed to be...but for some reason when he tried for the 5 g sim it wouldn't take  and like on 5th try with scan or inputting the IMIE in it took the 4 g sim....so far looks like all works  but am not sure why the 5 g sim didn't work?  Does the Prepaid come with 5g or not?  I thought I read on one thread it was best to just get a new sim and would need it anyway for 5 g and my pixel is only 4 g....

0 Likes
Re: Oneplus 8 Pro I got yesterday and
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A 5G SIM card isn't necessary to access the 5G network. If it is, the device will come with a pre-installed 5G SIM card. Does this help clarify things? 

BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Oneplus 8 Pro I got yesterday and
NJDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

oh ok I thought it was...

0 Likes