Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oneplus 8 Pro I got yesterday and Tech at store could not get it to work with a 5g sim on prepaid
NJDave

So got  myself a Oneplus 8 Pro yesterday and Tech at store could not get it to work with a 5g sim on prepaid and he was very nice and didn't know why but he could get it to work after a lot of trying with a 4G sim...I had read on here I thought even prepaid got some 5g I thought.....I came from a Pixel 3xl unlocked...I asked to make sure the CDMA was turned off on his set up if needed to be...but for some reason when he tried for the 5 g sim it wouldn't take  and like on 5th try with scan or inputting the IMIE in it took the 4 g sim....so far looks like all works  but am not sure why the 5 g sim didn't work?  Does the Prepaid come with 5g or not?  I thought I read on one thread it was best to just get a new sim and would need it anyway for 5 g and my pixel is only 4 g....

0 Likes
Re: Oneplus 8 Pro I got yesterday and
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

A 5G SIM card isn't necessary to access the 5G network. If it is, the device will come with a pre-installed 5G SIM card. Does this help clarify things? 

BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Oneplus 8 Pro I got yesterday and
NJDave

oh ok I thought it was...

0 Likes