Oneplus 8 Pro Wifi Calling
jliddil2

We have a Oneplus 8 Pro. We bought it direct from Oneplus. How does one activated wifi calling? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Oneplus 8 Pro Wifi Calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wi-Fi Calling is a great feature to have access to and we want to make sure that we do everything we can to help. We'll be sending you a Private Note to better assist. 

LauraF_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Activating WiFi calling is a great feature to have. In order to review this more lets make sure this is a feature that can be used on your phone. To clarify, do you see the option to turn WiFi calling on with your device? Are you getting an error message when trying to process this? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
jliddil2

I don't see that option in the phone. It is a Oneplus 8 pro bought from Oneplus and we got a verizon sim card. We have tried to follow various online instructions

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wi-Fi Calling is a great feature to have access to and we want to make sure that we do everything we can to help. We'll be sending you a Private Note to better assist. 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
jliddil2

Yes it is kind of unfortunate that unlocked device can't have something like wifi calling

0 Likes
goose22b
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you post a solution for this?  After reading the OnePlus forums, other users are reporting they can access the setting on their non-VZW phones.  Is this an issue with Verizon?  Really disappointed in the BYOD support from Verizon.  I have 0 cell signal in my home as Verizon refuses to build a tower in my town.  

I'm also having issues with visual voicemail, and I'm cannot enable that feature without calling verizon support?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, goose22b. With unlocked devices, please note that we are not able to guarantee compatibility with the following features on our network: 

Visual Voicemail (VVM)

LTE Video Calling

Enhanced Address Book

VoWiFi

Integrated Messaging

0 Likes
kluzi
Enthusiast - Level 1

meaning??

Can one actually make/receive wifi calls.?

Which features of the "oneplus pro8 " is NOT compatible with verizon?

g

0 Likes
Ventuckyspaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah Verizon terrible for disabling wifi calling on phone which are totally capable of doing it. I have a first generation Motorola Stylus and I got my mom the same one directly from Verizon but she can enable wifi calling and I can't. If I put a Tmobile Sim in my phone suddenly options for wifi calling appear. It's to get them to force you to purchase the phone from them. But besides buying the phone you have activated the line missing out on some good deals on phones from Verizon. If you need to use internet calling install Google Voice. It's a second phone number but it works with an internet connection. Ridiculous Verizon is so hostile to phones not purchased from them. They do make exceptions for top end flagship phones from Samsung and Apple though. Also you can use Google Voice to handle all your voicemails by call forwarding your phone number to it and it recognizes your number and sends it directly to voicemail. Free transcripted visual voicemail unlike with Verizon you have to pay they several bucks a month to use their app which isn't nearly as good at transcription or its design layout as Google Voice. Fixes two things at once.

kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes