Re: Please provide fee comparison, BYOD vs. device purchase
mama23dogs
Legend

Joey2007ua_64​  nice....

RKNE41​ I still can’t figure out why you accuse Verizon of lying to you, yet you want them to tell you the price and fees?   If they leave out the possible prorated months line fee, does that count?

I think Joey proved the point. 

As for new every 2... it kept my bill sitting at $360.  Contracts and $40 line fees I mean.  My bill is about half that with twice the data.  

0 Likes
RKNE41
Enthusiast - Level 2

To Mother of dogs; nowhere did I say Verizon lies. All I said was that I was getting conflicting answers and that at least one of them was unintelligible. That's not lying, that's just problems with customer support.

To Joey: I appreciate all your work on that. I'd have done it that way myself, but not everyone has extra phones lying around. I have two in the house, both of which were bought from Verizon (Whenever we get new phones, the old phones are traded in or donated to charity). When I feed their IMEI and SIM card numbers into the BYOD tool, the tool locks and tells me to call support.

Capture.JPG

To David: thank you for the verification of Joey's findings. I have two things to say: first, as I outlined above and in the image, it looks like current customers cannot use the tool on a phone that is already registered to the Verizon system. Keeping that in mind, perhaps Verizon could be more open and just say what the fees are instead of forcing us to try to go through the tool. Maybe in a FAQ somewhere...

Like I said, not everyone has an unregistered device in hand already. I asked this question in the first place because I didn't want to go out and buy a phone if it isn't going to save me anything in the long run. I understand that the point of BYOD is to entice people to bring their existing devices from another carrier, but current customers also deserve a fast and easy answer. It's rarely fast to call the customer service line and doing so probably wouldn't be easy, since you'd have to walk through all the same steps as the BYOD tool with someone unfamiliar with that particular question.

mama23dogs
Legend

That’s a different issue.  (And does not show costs)  Checking your IMEI is to assure the device will function on Verizon.  Not all devices are compatible with Verizon’s CDMA network. 

You should be checking compatibility of your device here

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

sim number is not part of this check... 

0 Likes
RKNE41
Enthusiast - Level 2

After your IEMI is shown to be for a compatible device, you're asked for a

SIM card number... mine phone and SIM card are already registered with

Verizon, so my guess is that the system realized this and isn't programmed

to handle the request.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 7:10 AM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

RKNE41 wrote:

After your IEMI is shown to be for a compatible device, you're asked for a

SIM card number... mine phone and SIM card are already registered with

Verizon, so my guess is that the system realized this and isn't programmed

to handle the request.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 7:10 AM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

It only progresses to the SIM card page if you have a compatible, non VZ  device.      If you already have a SIM card, you enter the sim as shown

If the phone is a Verizon phone you just insert your existing SIM card.

I think you are over thinking things. 

A0606524-C8A7-4B34-801A-8972F6167129.png

0 Likes
RKNE41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Capture.JPG

And how do you think I came up with the image above? You know, this one?

I got to this point by entering the IEMI and SIM of the only phone I have

access to -- my current Verizon phone --  that's how. If you look closely,

you can see that I erased the middle of the number, which starts with 80

and ends with 92.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 11:38 AM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Joey used several different ways to show you how a new phone line is $20.   The BYOD page was just one. 

You have over thought this entire issue.  All you had to do was swap your active SIM card into the new phone.   I have heard some had to call Verizon to switch IMEi in the system, I never had to. 

The BYOD page is to check compatibility of non branded phone. 

0 Likes