REBATES HASSLE
CrossFamilyof4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to Verizon wireless the beginning of December and I brought (2) two phones over and purchased (2) phones from Verizon.  I was promised while having my account setup by the Verizon rep, that I qualified for the BYOD rebate ($350 per phone).  Well, after checking the status of the rebate, I discovered it was denied.  I contacted Verizon by phone and was told it appears to be an error and someone will call me back.  After waiting a few days, I decided to contact Verizon via chat and was informed that I did not qualify for the rebate because I did not have a start unlimited plan.....WHAT!  I do have an unlimited plan AND YOUR agent set my account up!  This is so frustrating as getting the rebates definitely was one of the perks that contributed to me leaving my previous cell phone provider.  I truly feel this is false advertisement.  

Re: REBATES HASSLE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CrossFamilyof4, we understand the importance of making sure you get the benefits you are entitled to. We are here to assist in any way possible. Please respond to the Private Note we have sent, so we can get some more details. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
CrossFamilyof4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was the private note sent via email because I haven't received it as of today?  Also an update......I was given a credit of $300.00 off my previous bill and promised the $400 off my next bill, but I had to re-contact Verizon (AGAIN) for it per the representative.  Well, after contacting Verizon for my remaining credit (as promised) I was connected to a supervisor that refuses to give it me, but offered to give me $16.00 worth of credits for 25 months....UNACCEPTABLE because that was not what I was promised.  I kept a copy of the conversation and I am posting below.  I am so disappointed with Verizon and more disappointed that I was suckered into switching to Verizon.

Hey Tony Cross. I'm the Verizon Digital Assistant. Ask me a question! If I can't help, I can connect you with a live chat agent.

Please note that we may monitor or retain this chat.

You can also start with one of these popular topics:

• Pre-order new Apple Devices
  • Trade in my old phone
  • Rebate Status
  • Autopay enrollment confirmation.
  • View my bill
  • Make a Payment

Customer service

Before I connect you, what can we help you with? Select one of the support categories below, or tell me what you need help with.

• Account
  • Usage
  • Billing
  • Addl.Services
  • Troubleshooting
  • Payment
  • Device
  • Orders
  • Plan

Billing

What specific billing issue do you have?

• Dispute charges on bill
  • Request credit back on bill
  • Explain the last bill
  • Get copy of bill
  • Change bill cycle date

Request credit back on bill

We've opened a support request for you to refer back later.

Support Ticket

MR-918525090-E01

Reason:

Billing

Relating to:

Credit Request

Edit/ View support request

Let me connect to a Live Agent.

We received your message and we'll connect you with the next available agent.

Please do not share any sensitive information (e.g. credit card, account pin, SSN.) during this chat session beyond what is required for authentication. If we need to authenticate you, we’ll send you a secure link, text you a one-time passcode, or provide a way to sign in with your online password.

The estimated wait time is a minute or less. Please keep in mind in order to hold your place in the agent queue you will need to keep this chat window active otherwise your session could be ended

Verizon Agent

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Messaging team! It would be my pleasure if you could elaborate your concern.

Hello, I am writing in regards to a credit that I am due of $400.00 on this billing cycle. If you go back and review my notes, I was credited a total of $300 last billing cycle and was told to contact you all once my new bill post.

Verizon Agent

Thanks for the information. Let me check it.

Thank you.

Verizon Agent

You're welcome.

Verizon Agent

I am checking the notes in your account.

Verizon Agent

Meantime, may I know how you're doing today, hope you and your family is doing well.

I am doing well and I hope all is well with you. Thank you so much for asking.

Verizon Agent

Yes, we are absolutely fine and thank you so much.

Verizon Agent

I am discussing with my supervisor.

Okay, no problem.

Verizon Agent

Thank you so much.

Verizon Agent

Meantime, there is an promotion for you, : Get $700 off the latest iPhone 13 Series smartphone for customers on a Premium Unlimited plan that trade in and upgrade to an eligible device.

I really want to upgrade but its saying I have to pay upfront and think its because I already have 2 phones that I am paying monthly for,

Verizon Agent

I am referring to the line ending 8855.

That is the line I am referring to also.

Verizon Agent

Yes, you're correct, your account is not eligible for the device paymetns.

Verizon Agent

Payments**

Understood.

Verizon Agent

Thank you so much.

No, thank you so much for checking.

Verizon Agent

I've discussed with my supervisor and got approval of manual credit of $16/month for 24 months.

$16 a month for 24 months for what?

Verizon Agent

$16*25 will be $400.

Unfortunately that was not what was discussed with me last time. I am now being inconvenienced twice and Verizon is again not upholding their end of the bargin.

I was promised when I switched over to Verizon, I would get $700 in rebates for switching and that was not honored.

Then I was told due to my inconvenience I would receive $300 credit one month and $400 the next month and now I am being told the $400 will have to be broken up......UNACCEPTABLE!

Can I please get a number for a manager and not a supervisor or to your Corporate Office because this is not fair to a customer.

Verizon Agent

Let me ask my supervisor to come over the chat and help you further.

Thank you.

Verizon Agent

Hi I am your Verizon expert for today you are connected to one of the supervisor

Hello and I am more than you sure you have been filled in.

Verizon Agent

I can see that you are facing issue with the rebate and you were promised $400 as for now we cant issue the rebate offer because it is expired to honor the credit we will apply the credit for you in 24 monthly installments

At this point, I would like contact in for a manager or Corporate.

*contact info

Hello, are you still there.

Verizon Agent

In that case you can contact us at 1800-VERIZON

And what is your name?

Verizon Agent

My name is Snow B.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow it seems like you have been through a lot. I would like to investigate this issue and conversation. I will be sending you a private message so we can further help you. 

-Amber

0 Likes
CrossFamilyof4
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE.......Verizon rep Amber was able to get my issue resolved!  Thank you again for your help!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's alway a pleasure to assist our valued customers. I'll share your feedback about your customer service experience with our team member (Amber) with our Leadership Team.

Thank you for your time and patience and being a valued Verizon customer. We'll work even harder to continue earning your customer loyalty. Take care!

-Robert C.

0 Likes