ROG Phone 6
weagle75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible to turn service back on for my IMEI?

Here's my story:

I've been wanting to buy the ASUS ROG Phone 6 and asked if it was supported by Verizon.  Verizon said they could not officially tell me until I could give them the IMEI number from the phone.

I bought the phone, activated it on another carrier.  I gave the IMEI to Verizon and they said it wasn't officially supported.

I then started a new line of service with Verizon and traded in my old Pixel 4 for the latest Pixel 7 Pro.  I got the new line of service activated and the Pixel phone fully functional and working.  Great!

Then I took the SIM out of the Pixel and put it in my ASUS ROG Phone.  There were no issues, the phone saw the Verizon SIM and started using services on the ASUS phone.  I have great 5G coverage and was totally happy with the service I was using.  This lasted for about a week.

After a week, I woke up one morning and all services were disconnected for the Verizon SIM on my ASUS phone.  My other carrier was working just fine still.

I took the SIM out of the ASUS and put it back in the Pixel and it worked just fine.  So the SIM is still fully functional (works in the Pixel to this day).  The ASUS can use the SIM and access Verizon's services.  This tells me that Verizon locked off my access, probably by IMEI/EID number.

Right now I have to carry two phones around the Pixel running a hotspot for 5G data coverage and the ASUS on the other carrier for my phone calls.  Yes, I could probably move to a Verizon ESIM  on the Pixel and put my other carrier's SIM in the physical SIM slot and have most the functionality I want.  But the Pixel will never compare to the gaming performance of the ASUS.

So back to my original question, is there a way to un-blacklist my IMEI/EID and use the services I already proved worked on my ASUS at my own risk?  I'm paying for the service...what difference does it make what device I'm using it on?

0 Likes
Re: ROG Phone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I noticed your question about your concern about using a device that is on our negative lists, Weagle75/ Let me look into your concerns and get more details. Did you contact us to ask about the device you wish to use? If so, did we confirm that the device is on the negative list? Please provide these answers so we can further look into your concern. 

-Ed

0 Likes
weagle75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Verizon with my ASUS IMEI and they told me it was an unsupported device.  All the testing I did beyond that I did on my own with the working SIM that came with my new Pixel 7 Pro.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

weagle75, knowing if your device will work on our network is a must. This link provides you with the information you need using the device IMEI (device ID) https://www.verizon.com/sales/digital/byod.html?&lineNum=1#/dontKnow

We hope this information is beneficial. 

-Jacob

0 Likes
weagle75
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to that website it says my phone isn't compatible, that being said it worked great for a whole week before it was blocked by Verizon.  I'm sure if I put the SIM card in my other slot it would also work again for another week or so until Verizon chooses to block it again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

weagle75, that is very odd that the device works and then does not work after a week and says it is incompatible.  I am here to help and we will look into this.  Where was the device purchased (Verizon online/store, 3rd Party, etc)?  Where do you receive the message that it is not compatible?

-Santo

0 Likes
weagle75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought the device from the ASUS store on Amazon.

I was told by the Verizon customer support multiple times via online chat, phone call and in store support that the IMEI from that phone was not compatible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the confirmation. Here is a site which will confirm if an unlocked device is compatible with the Verizon Wireless Network: http://spr.ly/6602361n6

-Chris

0 Likes
weagle75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just for grins, I swapped my Verizon 5G SIM again from my Pixel 7 Pro to my Asus ROG Phone 6. Low and behold, my Asus worked just fine again. I was able to connect to 5G network and utilize the services without issues.

That was for about 12 hours until Verizon shut it down again. I once again put the SIM back into my Pixel and it worked fine there.

0 Likes
weagle75
Enthusiast - Level 2

And for the record, that website link doesn't have the ASUS ROG Phone 6 listed as an option either.

0 Likes