Razer Phone 2 Won't Connect to Verizon Network
Arheart

In October 2019 my husband and I bought Razer 2 Phones.  I activated them both on the same day, we're on the same account.  His phone has worked perfectly since then, mine however has not.  My phone worked fine with full service for about 3 weeks and then it started not connnecting to the Verizon network unless I was in town (I live in a small rural community 30 miles from the nearest large town).  It will connect randomly on my drive home from work but for most of the 30 minute drive I am unable to make and receive calls.  I went into the local Verizon store and they replaced the sim card, but weren't sure what to make of the situation as at the time I was in the store it was connecting to the network without a problem.  When it isn't connecting I get the message "No SIM card - Emergency calls only" and I can't make or receive calls or texts.

I have been in contact with the manufacture and they have sent me a new (refurb) phone but it having the same issue.  I have seen in previous post that the Razer Phone 2 requires special provisions to function properly, but why would my husband's phone work fine, but mine won't?

0 Likes
Re: Razer Phone 2 Won't Connect to Verizon Network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arheart-

As your wireless provider, we want to make sure you experience the best signal everywhere you go. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing no service at some locations. I would like to provide some insight regarding your device so that we can guide you in the right direction for help.

Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. The Razer 2 is not a Verizon phone that we offer;therefore, troubleshooting is very limited being that it is an unlocked phone that we don't support. Please know that unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks – a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

Since a new SIM card has not fixed this issue, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer for assistance https://support.razer.com/?_ga=2.93424031.388760779.1579268587-641300275.1578685978

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes