Rebate- Bring your own device
Anita2270

I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours texting and talking with Verizon reps, both in customer care and rebate department. Customer care agreed that I should get the rebate, but the rebate department said I am out of luck.

I just brought over 4 devices from AT&T. The offer states that you need to port in your old number,  bring your own device, add a new line and pick from one of the unlimited plans, except starter unlimited. It states you need to do it within 30 days of activation and the device needs to remain active for 45 consecutive days, which I did.  It nowhere in the offer states that you have to keep the ported in number, just that you have to initially bring in the number. Verizon is trying to get people to bring their phones over and keep a plan, why in the world would it matter if I keep my phone number?!! It has now supposedly been escalated and I’m supposed to hear back within 14 days. So ridiculous!! This is unethical in my opinion and may warrant a change to my service….

Here’s the offer: 

Online and telesales only. Receive a $650 Verizon eGift Card when you port-in your number from any wireless carrier and activate with your own 4G or 5G eligible smartphone on select unlimited postpaid plan between 5.3.21 and 7.31.21. Customer must submit for redemption within 30 days of activation, and device must remain activated for 45 consecutive days. May not be combined with other promotional offers. We reserve the right to charge the amount of the Verizon e-Gift Card to your Verizon Wireless account if service is canceled within 12 months or change your price plan from an eligible unlimited plan. Your Verizon e-Gift Card will be sent via email within 8 weeks after receipt of claim to the submitted email address. This gift card can be used to buy merchandise & services at stores/kiosks operated by Verizon or at verizon.com. Gift cards cannot be used at Verizon Authorized Retailer locations. Gift cards can be used to pay a Verizon Wireless or Fios bill by visiting Verizon.com or using the My Verizon app (wireless bills only) or My Fios app. Do not mail printed copy of digital gift card with your bill. For card balance call 1.800.876.4141 or dial #GIFT (#4438) from your wireless device. Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be returned for a cash refund, except in those states as required by law. Use of gift card constitutes acceptance of all terms & conditions. Treat this card like cash, Verizon is not responsible for gift cards that have been lost, stolen, or damaged. Gift cards do not expire and are not subject to dormancy or other fees. Gift cards may not be used for resale, advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes without consent. Offer not available to Visible customers.

0 Likes
Re: Rebate- Bring your own device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anita2270, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you receive accurate information regarding your rebate promotion is important. We do want to make you aware that changing your Ported in number will disqualify you from this promotion. Can you please clarify if you have already changed your number? 

0 Likes
Anita2270

We changed the number on June 6. It does not state in the promotion that the ported in number must remain for 45 days, only that the device remains activated. I looked over the details carefully before making the change. I would not have changed it right away if it said the phone need to keep the ported in number for 45 days. We moved 4 lines and have since added 2 iPads. If Verizon cannot honor this offer we may need to switch again….

0 Likes
Anita2270

Online and telesales only. Receive a $650 Verizon eGift Card when you port-in your number from any wireless carrier and activate with your own 4G or 5G eligible smartphone on select unlimited postpaid plan between 5.3.21 and 7.31.21. Customer must submit for redemption within 30 days of activation, and device must remain activated for 45 consecutive days.

*it doesn’t say device must remain activated with ported in number for 45 days… just that it remains activated 

We obviously would have waited a couple of weeks to change the number if the offer stated that!! 
This is ridiculous!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The promotion is tied to the MDN. Once it is changed, the promotion is disqualified. If you have any other questions on our products, services, or policies, please let us know. 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
Anita2270

I did nothing to disqualify the promotion. It nowhere states that the ported in number can’t be changed, only that the phone remains activated for 45 consecutive days. I’d like to see where it says that. Customer care  agreed and it has been escalated. This is absolutely ridiculous, why would it matter if the number has changed if the plan and phone are active with Verizon?! Very bad and unethical…

0 Likes
Anita2270

PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS THE PORTED IN NUMBER MUST STAY FOR 45 DAYS? IT ONLY SAYS THE DEVICE MUST REMAIN ACTIVE FOR 45 DAYS… 

If Verizon can’t honor their promotion I will need to switch service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anita2270, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. We would like the opportunity to review your options. Have you already submitted the rebate request? May we have the submission tracking number? 

0 Likes
Anita2270

Yes, I submitted the rebate on May 7th, the tracking number is 959165977. 
Thank you, Anita 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anita2270, I see you mentioned that customer care has agreed to escalate your concern. We recommend you wait for that outcome. 

0 Likes