Rebate Denied for BYOD
texaspi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe someone can help me. I submitted a rebate for $650 BYOD. I meet all of the requirements. A few weeks later, I decided to get a new phone and I think that messed up up my rebate even though the sales person said it wouldn't affect my rebate.

Well surprise surprise, my rebate has been denied because I don't have an eligible device. How do I get this rectified? Every time I call or chat I get the runaround and all they want to do is sell me equipment coverage instead of fixing my problem.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Rebate Denied for BYOD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there texaspi1 and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can understand your concerns about your rebate and we are here to help. A bit of information about our rebates is that you will still qualify unless you change the terms of the original agreement. So in this case, your rebate would remain as long as a new phone was not purchased. Once that took place, the original can no longer apply because the terms were changed when purchasing another phone. While this rebate would no longer be applied, we can check for anything else that might have been available when purchasing your new phone. What kind of phone did you purchase? When did you buy the new phone?-Candice

texaspi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Candice, thank you for your reply. I see that now. The device I brought in needed to remain active for 45 continuous days. I should have re-read the terms myself. Instead, I relied on the word of an agent in the store, who in retrospect, was more interested in selling me a new phone rather than looking out for my best interests because I was told buying a new phone would not affect my rebate. Also, I just found out my employer discount does not apply to 5G plans so I won't be receiving that. As you can probably understand, I feel a little bit of bait and switch happened to me here.

I purchased an iPhone 12 Pro Max on July 14, 2021.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This definitely isn't the experience we want for you. Although I am glad to hear that you are now aware of the 45-day period, I certainly share your concerns about the employee discount. To confirm, what plan are you under? -Lorenzo

0 Likes
texaspi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two lines with Play More Unlimited 5G UW and one line with Start Unlimited.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

texaspi1, we've built the Unlimited plans to be a great value. Though the Unlimited plans are not eligible for employer discounts or corporate plan discounts. You can save $10/mo per phone and stay on the best network when you enroll in Auto pay and paper-free billing (Debit cards, home banking and e-Checks) The employee corporate discount offers great benefits, such as the 25% discount when you purchase accessories. 

There are other discounts you may qualify for. Please use this link to see if you qualify.

https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-discount-registration/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D04389906065395130... I sent you a Private Note. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
texaspi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The original phone (BYOD) was activated on June 24. The new phone was purchased July 14.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns and we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously.

Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6609yIpBT

-Robert C.

0 Likes
mgmeilleur

I just experienced the same issue!!  We applied for a $350 BYOD rebate.  Brought an iphone 7 over to Verizon, long time customer with 2 other lines.  After about 3 weeks, the phone was dropping calls and your couldn't hear anyone else.  Decided to purchase an iphone 12 through verizon - we activiated it on day 38!  Missed the 45 day period by 7 days.  So now we have 3 lines, all on unlimited plans, and they won't pay the rebate.  On to another phone company maybe???

0 Likes
texaspi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I finally went back and reread the terms to find that 45 day provision. My issue is that an in store rep assured me upgrading to a new device would not affect my rebate. He either lied or was incompetent. I’m not happy about this as it was $650 rebate I missed out on and they offered me nothing as a consolation. 

0 Likes