Rebate Run-Around?
Forum16

Is it normal for Verizon to deny and deny the rebates in hopes we give up and they don't have to pay it?

I had (I thought) a slam dunk rebate: wife added phone to Verizon from ATT on 8/26/21, I submitted the rebate form that was emailed to me on 8/27/21 (within the 30 days).  This was denied in October and when I called on 11/1, customer service agreed it was in error and they would fix it in 7-10 business days.  Today, 1/4/22, it was denied again.  After reexplaining this all to a customer service rep, they blamed the rebate department.  When transferred to the rebate department, they blame the customer rep department.  These reps and their managers won't do anything other than blame each other that the information in their system is wrong - how in the world can I update their information?

I used to think Comcast had the worse customer service, but Verizon is giving them a run for their money.

0 Likes
Re: Rebate Run-Around?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dealing with rebate issues is never fun and we always want to assist and resolve your concerns. My apologies to hear this hasn't happened yet but help is here. In regards to the rebate, what was the reason for the denial? What were the next steps given?

-Natasha

0 Likes
Forum16

A second escalation ticket was generated.  Looking at this community, I also emailed the executive team and someone has reached out and promised to look into it.  I will be certain to follow up here once it is seen through.

0 Likes
Forum16

To add closure on this:

I had reached out to Verizon's executive leadership team and this was resolved within a week.  They indicated I did qualify for the full rebate and it would be processed in 4 weeks.  Happy ending here, but frustrating journey.

0 Likes