Re: Rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

donnastegall, thanks for the visual. Please respond to me in a private note, so I can assist you better. 

0 Likes
donnastegall
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you tell me how I do that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to learn about any confusion. In our last reply, along with the public response, the previous representative is indicating that a Private Note was sent to you. You won't see it in this thread, since it's private. Have you received notification of a Private Note from us?

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
donnastegall
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I received a personal note and I received a credit to my account. Thank you so much for promptly fixing this problem for me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome. Thank you for working with us. We are here to aid in any way that we can.

0 Likes
Mwatson20033
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well here we are at the end of 2020 and this is still an issue! I switched to Verizon through an online deal. 350 off a device & a certain monthly amount. 2 weeks later added a 2nd line w/new device that came with $100 rebate. First bill comes, monthly device fee was $17 higher than deals chatted, agent said it would be refunded and adjusted next bill. Nothing happened. 3 mo I reach out again, that agent said that he couldn’t find that deal for my purchase date?. What?? Anyway said that I actually had a $150 rebate for that line and $100 for 2nd line but it had expired. I explained how bc I didn’t know bc that’s not the offer I chose!! He then sent an escalation ticket & told me to wait 8 weeks. Again, nothing. This time an agent said they both were expired, I told him how many reviews I seen of Verizon cheating ppl out of rebates and he offered a $100 credit “ for my trouble” really? But ok whatever . Chat closed before I could ask when it would be applied. So, next day I reach again to wake when I will see this credit. This agent wanted me to explain what the credit was for. I told him pls read through the chats as I am not about to go over months of back n forth convos. THEN is agent tried offering me $50!! I said no sir, I agreed on a $100 when in reality I should have got $350 I’m not doing less. I will cancel my service right now. He gave me $100 credit and even waited with me until it was added to my account. I’m happy I got something but it took a lot of time and frustration 

0 Likes
Acrvz

Same issue with me.  I went In store and picked up 2 iPhone 12s and ordered my 12 pro and was told by the sales rep that I would $250 e-gift card for each line as a new customer.  I turned in 1 iPhone XR and mailed in the remaining iPhone XR and iPhone XS Max early NOV.  I called VZN today wondering about my rebate status and was told that I had to submit the rebate but I was never told this! The rep in store told me they did everything and I just had to make sure I mailed in my devices! The rep on the phone submitted an escalation but couldn’t give me a ticket number nor did I get an email about said escalation.  Is this really how VZN operates? Smh

0 Likes
tabletalk

This rebate scam seems to be an ongoing issue.

We just moved and our ATT phones had absolutely no signal so we switched to Verizon.

We bought 3 new phones @ 1200 each. The rep in the store assured us we would get 3 rebates of 250 each, now verizon is telling us that's only if you bring your old number with you.

I'm new to verizon, but, so far it's a huge "bait and switch" type scheme. Since I paid for the phones up front I'm not under any contract and may be calling att back and see if they can get me a signal booster out here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to get all the promotions you qualify for. I'm sure we can help you with the details of what was available when you switched. I will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
kospp

I have been with Verizon for almost 20 years. On thanksgiving day black Friday , i called , i add a new line and brought the phone number from another carrier , I port the new phone and i got a rebate according to the representative. But she never told me how to process , she just said wait for 6- 8 weeks. On Dec 22, I spoke to a supervisor regarding my bill and the mention the rebate and he said you will get an email soon , you rebate will be in process. I got an email then Dec 30, i got an email rebate invalid, I called the same day i spoke to Kattie she said i will escalate to the manger you are entitle to get the rebate i will follow up with you on Jan 7, no follow up. In other hand i look over my Verizon online notification . 

Dec 02

• You are eligible for a Rebate. Redeem it by JAN 31 I clicked to redeem , and it came this 
  • You're eligible for a $400 Switcher Rebate because you switched to Verizon and activated a new smartphone.

I clicked to submit and message come to me

Looks like there was a problem processing your submission. Please try again

I called on 01-06 spoke  Burge representative same i am entitled to get 400 no 300 that i will escalate and i am personally i will follow up and blablabla , on January 7, no one call me to follow up . I am very frustrating , i tried to claim on the web site of rebate , I did same day January 6 .  I claimed 300 since I do not have the code for the 400.  I am calling today January 9, 2020 , finally a representative transfer me to the rebate representative, but she just told me you have a rebate in pending from January 6 and she hang up on me.  I am close to switch all my phones lines to another carrier. I have been taking enough time waiting on the phone, hours and hours and no one help me and Verizon is a completely mess , representative do not give us instruction . Verizon is only text , remotely machine , I am agree this rebate thigh is just scam to make people to switch to them . 

0 Likes