Rebate Issue
rjackson5767
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to Verizon in January of 2021, I was promised rebates amounting to $700. It is now May 2021. I have called several times throughout these 5 months about my rebates. Verizon  keep saying that they are having a problem processing my rebate submission. Each time I have called they were supposedly escalating the problem to a supervisor or the rebate department.  I finally received my $100 rebate, still waiting on my $600.  This is insane. I finally called the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint.  I pay my bill on time no problem but at least honor your rebate offers.

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
rabgt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same issue this is a full on fraud by Verizon.

Re: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, rabgt! We would love the opportunity to help you today! Can you please elaborate more? What promotion exactly are you referring to? When and how was it submitted? 

~Rachel

0 Likes
rabgt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes we have called you at least 10 times about this rebate issue and we keep being told that an email was sent check your spam or trash which is complete rubbish. There are no emails from Verizon.

They are always talking to this rebate department which seems to be in Area 51. This is fraud it is fraudulent activity being perpetuated on Americans by a huge corporation.

We turned on 5 lines with verizon 4 at once and 1 separately for 5 rebates none of which we have ever received. This is a sc-am and your CEO should be ashamed for doing this to working class Americans who are just trying to live their lives in peace.

You should be ashamed!!!

rabgt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will start posting this on linkedin and social media and start tagging senior executives at V Z so they can see the SC-AM they are perpetuating on Americans.

This is not acceptable On principle I will fight for Americans who are getting defrauded by this company. It is not ok.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rabgt, we assure you our intention is to help you in the best way possible, and we have great promotions with rebate that many of our customer love to take advantage of and save money! We would love to help you today! Can you please send us a Private Message to better assist you? ~Rachel

0 Likes
rabgt
Enthusiast - Level 2

you have my contact information and you do know who I am. You will also know more clearly who I am once I post this information on Social Media and TAG your CEO.

rabgt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so to folks out there, here is my update. This issue really got under my skin because I just think if you go to purchase something and a sales person promises in writing this is what they are going to deliver they must do that. Listen we live in America after all this is not downtown Somalia or Russia.

Now, I escalated to VZ on the phone and spoke to Jay who was incredibly helpful he apologized. I explained that this whole gift card nonsense was designed to frustrate the customer I get why companies do this to prevent fraud but fraud prevention should not impact the customer experience, period.

Now he apologized and I also told him this rebate department was in Area 51 no one can really engage that group directly. I also explained that since Verizon said they were sending me emails provide the emails with the header information because in court you would have to produce that data.

Jay was very helpful he apologized and immediately resolved this situation. He applied the credit and that is the end of this situation. So this ended amicably but my note to Verizon October 2021 to almost March 2022 to get a rebate? is not ok. Sorry VZ you must do better.  VZ is not where I need to go for Cardio exercise, But thank you Jay for resolving this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rabgt, thank you for sharing this update and we are glad to hear that you have received a resolution. Making sure you receive outstanding support at all times is important to us. All of your feedback is appreciated and we will forward your concern to the proper channels. We are here for your support should you have additional questions or concerns. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
eriksund15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have been going through the exact same thing since August 2021!!  Almost 1 full year. Long story short, we switched from Sprint to Verizon, mostly because of the "great rebate" offer, which was $350 per line (we switched 4 lines to Verizon). 3 of the rebates were given, but no one at the main Verizon Customer Service office or the Rebate office can rectify the issue that we were not given the 4th rebate. It's quite simple:  ONE REBATE WAS NOT GIVEN.  The Rebate Customer Service person's name was "Mike" and he was unbelievably rude and uncooperative. He stated that the Rebate expiration date had passed and there was nothing he could do. The issue is that despite any "expiration dates", those dates are irrelevant because it is Verizon that did not provide the rebate in the first place!! When I asked for his Supervisor's name, he said he could not give it to me and that if he transferred me to his supervisor, the supervisor would give me their name then. When I repeatedly asked why he could not give me his supervisors name, he would not answer. Unreal. This has been going on since August 2021 and each time I speak with Cust Svce (Oct 2021, Feb, Apr, May, July 2022) it still has not been resolved and I have been on hold for 42 minutes now - back with main Customer Service to speak with a Supervisor there because the "Rebate Department" is useless so far.....PLEASE help.  This is ridiculous and if Verizon cares about their customers, they will simply provide the rebate and it will be all set. I welcome someone from Verizon to assist with this. Otherwise, like the previous customer posted, I will take it to another level via social media, etc. I am NOT a complainer, but this experience has been unbelievable because it is something that can be resolved very easily.

0 Likes