Re: Rebate Scam
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree.  Everything that you are explaining is exactly what I’ve experienced. So many hours on the phone and on chat.  False promises.  I noticed that the option to save chats is now gone.  Seems pretty sketchy if you ask me

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cidlvj4, we apologize you've gone in circles regarding your two $200 rebate cards. We don't want to give up on this and want you to receive the rebates you qualified for. 

We've sent you a private message so we can continue to work with you and get this resolved. Thank you. 

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for completing authentication! We want to help get this matter fully resolved. I see that we escalated this, and to correct this issue, your gift cards were approved to be sent out on 3/30. At that time, we could expect them to be mailed within 2-4 weeks, and then take up to 10 business days to arrive by mail. April 27 was the 4 week marker, so at this time we can expect that you will receive them by mail any day now. Does that make sense? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
digitalagent
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to give an update on our ordeal since it has been for all intents and purposes, "resolved." We initially expected $400 rebate cards for each phone = $800.  That never happened. We did get two $150 cards for a promotion that was happening around the Black Friday deal. Additionally, after I contacted the Attorney General of Ohio I got a pretty quick follow up call from Verizon corporate where I was offered a $250 credit on our bill. I took the deal and I'm satisfied. Not sure if all states have an Attorney General's office as effective and quick as Ohio, but they were on this issue really fast. My biggest problem, and I explained this to the corporate rep., was not as much the loss of a rebate, it was the way the ad was conveyed to customers. Since we went to Best Buy, the rep. there also suggested that we'd be eligible for the Black Friday deal. And initially it all felt right since the online portal accepted our input for a rebate. I wanted to make sure that future campaigns more clearly stated that need for a payment plan since this was a two-part deal and the payment plan was never mentioned in the second part of the deal. 

So if anyone else is still having an issue (and ours took 3 months to finally "resolve), I would suggest you try the attorney general route. In the end, the support on this community portal, although active, seems like they don't have the "teeth" to grant larger rebate requests when there are extenuating circumstances. 

Good luck and stay healthy. 

0 Likes
cidlvj4
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes it makes sense but this way of doing business does not convey much confidence to costumers. I for example, from the very beginning had problems with Verizon. I don't like making changes when things are working well but sometimes it gets a little bothersome when I am lied to. I do my part and believe strongly that if we are to buy American, we should make it as it use to be. costumer before the dollar. There is a saying that says, "when something starts wrong, it ends wrong". We will see how this goes. Thank you and GOD Bless you

0 Likes
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I completed the authentication.  Are you referring to me or another Verizon member in your response.  Please clarify.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand where you are coming from, cidlvj4. We certainly never want you to feel this way about us. I am confident the gift cards will arrive. Please feel free to reach back out to us here if you need further assistance. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lgutk512, thank you for continuing to work with us. We want to make sure you receive a resolution for your rebate concern. We recommend that we continue to work in the Private Message platform in order to further resolve/escalate this matter. We have sent a new Private Message. Please respond to that message.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
ryanjkamm

Had the same thing happen to me just now. I didn't think I'd have to research whether or not Verizon was scamming its longtime customers before making the decision to bring my wife over to my family plan, but here I am looking to change carriers over it after 15+ years as a multi-user account holder...

Unbelievable that they're comfortable with outright deceiving their loyal customers like this over $250. I've given them WAY more than that over the years...

0 Likes