Re: Rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

roadonlife, I'm sorry to hear that your efforts to take advantage of our rebate did not go as smoothly as we wanted.I've sent you a Private Note, so we can check on this in greater detail. 

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
MKandila16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with Verizon. I switched from T-mobile to Verizon in May, 2020. I was supposed to receive $900 in gift cards. I called customer service in July asking for the status. The person I spoke with said there was a glitch in your system but it's been fixed and you should receive your gift cards in August. I received 4 emails from Verizon (3 x $250; 1 x $150) saying "We're having trouble processing your rebate".  This is ridiculous.  I'm now considering switching back to T-mobile. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you getting the correct promotions. A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
TPritchard

Same thing happened to me. Switched over my son’s line from Sprint over to our 18 year old Verizon Account, only to be promised a student discount that I don’t qualify for and a rebate of $250 that I never received. The store, which BTW is an authorized retailer and seems to have their own promotions going on, issued the code for the discount, but did not disclose that I had to spend a certain amount of money on a phone. SO, I got a code to submit my rebate, which was denied by Verizon due to not meeting the price requirements. I was not informed of this requirement. Solution from Verizon.... you must try to call the store and get it resolved locally ! LIED to .... buyers BEWARE. I feel betrayed, misinformed and lied to. Not counting that if I had known there was a price requirement I could have gotten a better phone if I know that it would qualify me for the rebate! Ridiculous! Verizon need to get control of their rebate program. I am sending this to a class action law suit lawyer for review. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is not the experience we want you to have with us. We would be happy to review this matter with you in depth. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here, or reach out to us online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
Truehappiness1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's kind of hard to submit the rebate when no information is given to you to submit. We were told that we should be receiving a rebate in a couple of months to use as a pay off for out trade in. Yeah, we never received one and now all customer service wants to do is sign us up for automatic payments to save $10 a month. That is not going to pay off my trade in. 

Truehappiness1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were told that we would receive our rebate in a couple of months. We were told that there wasn't anything to submit,, that it was done in office.. Well, we never received it. When we inquired about it, we were told that no rebate was ever submitted. Now we can't get in touch with the rebate center at the number we were given. Just a "busy" signal. Tried the chat, and all they would say is they would sign us up for automatic payments to save us $10 a month. why...so irritated with their customer support. In store, they're nice and helpful as can be but thats where it stops. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Truehappiness1025

So that we can best assist, we would need to know more about what rebate you are referring to. As seen here: https://www.verizon.com/support/device-rebate-faqs/ , you would need to initiate the process by providing your purchase date, promo code, and mobile number within 30 days of the original purchase (see #2 & #3 in that same link for more details). As rebate promotions can take 8-10 weeks to be processed, this is not a recommended method for paying off a bill with another carrier. 

0 Likes
Sean_Z1

Complete scam indeed...I signed up for the BYOD program last week and received the text for the Verizon stream TV. Promo code didnt work...Ive since been on the phone with customer support for 3 hours between the last 2 days...finally got another code...ALSO doesnt work. Then spent another 1.5 hours this morning with customer support, who couldn't help me and transferred me to telesales, only to be told that they couldn't do anything either. Then transferred by him to the credit department for some reason, which was a dead end and the call automatically disconnected. Verizon customer support has been beyond disappointing and I completely feel like this whole promotion was a bait. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are in the right place for support. Please view your Private Messages for the support you deserve.

0 Likes