Rebate Shenanigans
ChiMomofMany
Enthusiast - Level 1

9229C22D-B4D5-409B-854C-A2257C4D0D14.png

It took me three weeks and ten phone calls to support to successfully get my family changed to Verizon. Within 30 days, I tried to claim my $500 giftcard for BYO device. The agent assured me it was requested and it would arrive in my email within seven business days. It didn’t, of course. What email takes seven business days after it’s approved? You know what did come in seven business days? The deadline. Now no one can help and I have to appeal to the rebate line.

Short version? Company doesn’t know how to port phones, tricks you on everything they can with the fine print, and then refuses to deliver on their legal obligations. Unless you love spending hours on support calls getting sc*mmed, stay away from Verizon.

Oh, and they won’t let me title this Rebate Sc*m because Sc*m is a “bad word.” That’s why there’s a hundred posts titled “Rebate [Different Word for Sc*m].”

Re: Rebate Shenanigans
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! This is definitely not the type of experience we want for you. We'd love to have an opportunity to help and make this right. We've sent you a Private Message to further assist you. We'll be standing by. ~Christian

0 Likes
steve-1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rebate???? Yeah right.... I switched over 6 lines with a $500 rebate on 5 of them and $100 on the watch for a total of $2,600. I have been on the phone with Verizon support numerous time and still haven't got it. It's month's overdue. They got me to switch from Sprint/T-MOBILE because of the rebates, from what I'm seeing it's false advertising from Verizon, they get you to switch and they never send you the rebate or they say the rebate is in your email? rebate in an email, your kidding me right? I have a Verizon online account, you think it would show the rebate, nope. Still waiting for it after 5 months or more and still haven't got it. Never again will I fall for this from Verizon, I've had it.

VERIZON REBATE Shenanigans... SC

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you continue to deal with this issue. We understand the rebate promotion was one of the reasons you decided to make the switch and apologize it has taken this long to be resolved. We want to ensure we deliver not only the best service but also the best support. We'll be sending you a Private Note to gather more information to best assist.

~Laura

0 Likes
DS1107
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are pulling the same SCHEME on me!!! I was told that they would take care of the rebate. After not getting it, I called and they assured me that it was taken care of. called today and they refuse my rebate. My suggestion is to switch to 

0 Likes
steve-1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wrote about how the rebates were a LIE and they are. They promise that if you switch over you get gift cards via email. That never gets emailed, I contacted Verizon numerous times over the months  and now they say the rebates EXPIRED, LOL .  Hasn't even been a year...  After hours on the phone with them. Do not trust this company, they used to be good years ago and now are scamming people to get them to switch.  After I wrote my first review a notice came up that said  -- 

Oh, no! This is definitely not the type of experience we want for you. We'd love to have an opportunity to help and make this right. We've sent you a Private Message to further assist you. We'll be standing by. ~Christian

Guess what, CHRISTIAN never messaged me at all, go figure. STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON, THEIR SERVICE IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE ANYWAY.  😒

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, and thanks for reaching out today. We do at very least want to make sure you are heard, and that we've looked into the issue. Please send a Private Message, and we will be here on the other side.

*Justin

0 Likes