Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebate Shenanigans
ChiMomofMany

9229C22D-B4D5-409B-854C-A2257C4D0D14.png

It took me three weeks and ten phone calls to support to successfully get my family changed to Verizon. Within 30 days, I tried to claim my $500 giftcard for BYO device. The agent assured me it was requested and it would arrive in my email within seven business days. It didn’t, of course. What email takes seven business days after it’s approved? You know what did come in seven business days? The deadline. Now no one can help and I have to appeal to the rebate line.

Short version? Company doesn’t know how to port phones, tricks you on everything they can with the fine print, and then refuses to deliver on their legal obligations. Unless you love spending hours on support calls getting sc*mmed, stay away from Verizon.

Oh, and they won’t let me title this Rebate Sc*m because Sc*m is a “bad word.” That’s why there’s a hundred posts titled “Rebate [Different Word for Sc*m].”

0 Likes
Re: Rebate Shenanigans
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, no! This is definitely not the type of experience we want for you. We'd love to have an opportunity to help and make this right. We've sent you a Private Message to further assist you. We'll be standing by. ~Christian

0 Likes