Rebate run around
Amanda_O
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched my family (5 lines total) from Xfinity to Verizon in April 2022 at a local store. The rep at the store mentioned that I would get a $500 rebate for all lines that brought their own devices and $200 for each line that was upgraded. We made a choice to bring two devices and upgrade three so we should have gotten a rebate of $1600 however the rep never provided information in the store on how to file for the rebate and said we would receive it within 45 days so I was under the impression it would be automatic. I did a live chat with a rep in early August and asked when I can be expecting my rebate and that is when I was informed I should have been provided with a link and codes to claim the rebates. After at least an hour of chatting back and forth, this rep assured me that she spoke with the rebate department and they were reactivating the codes and I could use them on August 6th. I tried on the 6th, 7th, and 8th and they did not work so I called in and spoke with another rep who informed me she did see the notes from the previous chat and she was going to see what she could do to help me out. She came back and said she had spoken with someone on the rebate team and they were going to reactivate the codes and I would be receiving my e-gift cards within 24-48 hours. I waited until August 22nd and called back because I still had not received my rebates and spoke to several different reps because I was just getting pushed off to the next person instead of getting a resolution. The last rep I spoke with that day informed me that he was able to speak with the rebate department and that I would receive my e-gift cards within 7-10 days which leads me to today 09/07. I still have not received my rebates so I called again and spoke to another rep who placed me on hold for at least 15 minutes and when she returned informed me that my case was closed and the best she could offer was $350. This is absolutely not ok, I was not informed properly on the store level then was promised by three different reps that I would be getting my rebates and $350 is an insult considering what I should be getting! 

0 Likes
Re: Rebate run around
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to learn of the trouble you had with the rebates. It is important that all details are given and provided accurately. When you spoke with a representative did they provide feedback to the store? 

-Tionna

0 Likes
Amanda_O
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure if feedback was provided to the store. 

0 Likes
glennjoseph
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizon, how do you fix this ?  Seems to be a very common issue in your forums.  I am having the same issue and cannot get any support.  Good way to lose a customer with 6 lines who has been with you for 20 years.  

0 Likes
Amanda_O
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not received a resolution to this as of today. A representative contacted me on 09/11 and gave me the exact same response all the other reps gave me..."I'll see what I can do but it is going to take 7-10 days" and still not a single thing has been done. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Can you go through your emails around the time of your rebate, and check for the email. Then go to your My Verizon app, and look under your notifications as well. *Rhonda

0 Likes
Amanda_O
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rhonda, I am not sure if this was meant for the other person who commented on this thread or me, but there is no email to check for or anything in my notifications. I haven't received my rebate and have been dealing with this issue since the first week of August and continue to get the runaround. To today 10/01/2022 no one has been able to provide a resolution and this seems to be a common thing as I read through many other customers' frustrations regarding the same issue before posting. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Amanda! My name is Salma, and I am your customer service expert, ready to help!
It will be my pleasure to assist you today to find your rebate. Please, send us a PM, so we can address all your concerns. Verizon is always here to help! 🌸  

>Salma

0 Likes
Amanda_O
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't even bother with trying to get your rebate!!! I have been on the chat for over 2 hours this evening and have spent numerous hours talking to several different reps only for it to be a total waste of my time and them telling me there is nothing they can do because it is out of the 45 day period even though this was a result of the instore rep not properly informing customers!!! What a horrible taste to put in a new customers mouth. I will be switching my service asap! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is no way how we intend to welcome you over to the Verizon Wireless family. We thank you for sharing your experience, and would value the chance to get a fresh set of eyes on the Rebate offer in reference. Send us a Private Message, if it is beneficial to proceed. We are standing by! 

*Eli

0 Likes