Rugged Smartphone
USMC3533

I have a individual account and am currently using an S7 phone.  I'm interested in switching to a Cat S48c rugged phone.  I've checked the specs and it should work fine on the Verizon network.  I read a customer review on another site that said Verizon will only activate this phone on a business account.  Does anyone know if this is accurate. I have not spoken with a service rep. yet. I am aware that the Kyocera is listed as a rugged phone option through Verizon but I don't want that phone.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Rugged Smartphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for visiting us on our customer forum, USMC3533. We know it's always important to have a great phone that meets your personal needs. I took a look into the Cat S48c, and it is currently only eligible for activation on Business and Enterprise accounts. I know you mentioned you didn't have interest in the Kyocera device. We do now offer another option that released last month. Might this device be of interest: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/sonim-xp8 Let us know if we can answer any further questions for you.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Rugged Smartphone
USMC3533

Thank you for the response. I'll probably switch to a different provider. After many, many years of having Verizon i'm not overly happy with its offerings for plans or devices especially considering the costs.  All of the "Deals" are geared towards bringing in new customers.  There is no reward for customer loyalty as far a I can see.

0 Likes