Should I preorder a sim card?
pncericola
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Situation:  Bought an iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max that will work on Verizon.  I expect they should come with SIM cards already in them.  Whether this is so or not, should I (or can I) order Verizon prepaid account SIM cards?  One phone is for someone who already has a Verizon prepaid account.  The other will be for someone coming over from AT&T.  Both will want to transfer their phone numbers?

Or, is it better to just go into a Verizon store to do all of this?

Thanks in advance for your help. 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Should I preorder a sim card?
pncericola
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay.  I now know that the phones won't have SIM cards.  Working my way through the call center for Verizon, I got a human who told me I can just go into the Verizon store and get SIM cards, so I'll check with my local Verizon store if I can get the SIMs now and do it all online when the phones arrive or if I need to come back with the phones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The person with the existing prepaid account should have the phone they are getting activated on their existing account with their existing SIM card unless their current phone doesn't already have a SIM card or it isn't a nano SIM card.

For the person coming from AT&T, they will need to port their number over to Verizon Wireless. When they port the number they will get a new SIM card. Are they planning to open a prepaid account or a postpaid account or are they joining your account (either prepaid or postpaid)? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Seral1

Whether you should preorder a SIM card depends on your specific circumstances and needs. Preordering a SIM card can be beneficial if you want to ensure you have a SIM card ready to use as soon as possible, especially if you're traveling to a new country or region where obtaining a SIM card might be more challenging. It can also be convenient if you prefer to have everything set up before you receive your new device .

However, if you have the option to purchase a SIM card locally upon arrival or if you're not in a hurry to activate a new service, preordering may not be necessary. Consider factors such as the availability of SIM cards at your destination, any potential costs or fees associated with preordering, and whether there are any specific features or promotions available for preordered SIM cards.

Ultimately, weigh your priorities and assess whether preordering a SIM card aligns with your needs for convenience, timing, and cost-effectiveness.

0 Likes