Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
hockey9592
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Does the "

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact" work on the Verizon network?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please provide a link to the specifications for this device model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chickadeechick

I would love an updated answer to this question, too. 

The pertinent information is that it is not CDMA, but GSM GPRS/EDGE (2G), UMTS HSPA+ (3G), and LTE (4G) Cat15.

Full specs here: Xperia™ XZ1 Compact Official Website Specifications - Sony Mobile (United States)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The problem with that link is it provides no specific information about the LTE bands it supports. Even if it supports the LTE bands used by Verizon Wireless, it would need to also support advanced calling and VoLTE.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chickadeechick, the Xperia XZ1 Compact based on Sony's website does not seem to be fully compatible with our network and is not an approved 4G certified device that Verizon Wireless has ever tested. You check on the eligibility of the device and if compatible at the link below. I hope this is beneficial. http://spr.ly/6582DpSNM

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tafty

Here are the bands supported by this model.  It does support volte and advanced calling. It supports lite bands 2,4, and 13 as well as others. https://www.frequencycheck.com/models/O0q4j/sony-xperia-xz1-compact-td-lte-g8441?c_id=344991#frequen...

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

The Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact is not compatible, but the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact and the Xperia XA2 are both certified for Verizon. Thanks for your question!

0 Likes