Swapping phone numbers not content
DrOdette

Can I swap phone numbers without swapping content? I want to keep a phone number I’ve had for years but don’t care about the content on the phone. I want to switch that number to my iPad and get rid of the random phone number Verizon gave me, but I want to keep this data on the iPad.

0 Likes
Re: Swapping phone numbers not content
mama23dogs
Legend

@DrOdette wrote:

Can I swap phone numbers without swapping content? I want to keep a phone number I’ve had for years but don’t care about the content on the phone. I want to switch that number to my iPad and get rid of the random phone number Verizon gave me, but I want to keep this data on the iPad.

Phone numbers are on the Sim card not the phone. Data is on the device and in any back up you may have made,  it does not follow the Sim card.

In order to make the swap, however,  you need to have Verizon change the charges on your line. Right now that Sim card on that line is provisioned for a phone, a tablet is cheaper and has different provisioning. Please call Verizon to have them make the swap over for you.    

You may be required to keep a phone on the same account with the tablet, it depends on which plan you have and how it is structured.  

0 Likes
Re: Swapping phone numbers not content
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, you can switch numbers on the devices without content. GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes