Verizon Prepaid service does not automatically roam in PR, Not happy customer.
ETuber

I am writing this letter to complain about your roaming services in Puerto Rico on my Prepaid service. I have been a Verizon Post and Prepaid customer for many years. On Tuesday, Sept 7th i traveled to Puerto Rico. I arrived in PR and was totally surprised when my phone would not work. Your map clearly says you can roam in PR. It did not! I received a text message saying that i had to activate roaming. Well how was i supposed to go to a website from the airport if i don't have data or cell service (PR airport do not offer open Wi-Fi in baggage claim)?  When i tried to call i got a long message but no way to communicate with a human being to debug the problem. Round and round i went with no phone service.

Why would you not offer a way to allow your customer to communicate and resolve this issue? Why would you lie and say you have roaming. Roaming means just that drive, fly walk into another region and you will be charged accordingly.

I am not disputing that there would be a charge; i am willing to pay for roaming. I just do not appreciate being stranded in another country with no way to use my phone. I later learned that Hawaii and Alaska also fall in this same category! 

You are going to say, "sir this is a prepaid....." True but my Credit Card is on file and if i had the option to reply on the text or data or voice the problem could have been resolved in 1 minute. I had to wait for over an hour to meet up with my party because we could not find each other. God forbid i had an accident! Let's just say that this is a deceitful advertisement.

To finish up i spoke with a very nice and friendly customer rep who had to explain once i had access to Wi-Fi at home, that i had to manually add money thru the app, which was not obvious. Again never was this made obvious in the text or the voice message, nor would it have probably worked without the internet. I asked to talk to a supervisor and i was told no one was available and i would get a callback today at 2pm.  Guess what NO CALL!  

Two days later I did get hold of a supervisor. I wanted to submit this complaint by email and was told I had to go to Verizon store in person. Why only you know, my guess to discourage complaints. The supervisor was very nice and tried to explain that this was a known issue and Verizon has not addressed the issue. He offered to add $20 to may account to avoid any other issues like this. Though I did appreciate the gesture my intent was not to get reimbursed but to make this a point that needed to be corrected.

OK, now I have $20 credit for on my last day. Cool, I get to the airport, 12:30ish about when my previous 24hr period expired. I try to use my phone to make a call and use my data and again I have no service. More insult to injury.

Update, I went to the store, and as expected they could not take my complaint. I was told I had to submit it thru Feedback online, but there is no Feedback option on the website. 

Verizon may have the best network, but you totally failed me. Please note I expect a response to this letter and I will also be filing in a complaint to the FCC.

Not a happy customer

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Prepaid service does not automatically roam in PR, Not happy customer.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you were not able to use your phone while traveling is very concerning to us.  We never want anyone to be left feeling like they are alone/stranded. We are glad to hear that you were able to meet up with your friends and have made it back home safely. Please meet us in a Private Message, so we can continue this discussion.     *Lisa

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Prepaid service does not automatically roam in PR, Not happy customer.
ETuber

Glad to see such a quick response to my complaint.  How do we have a private message?

Eli

0 Likes
ETuber

Hello, how do we setup fallow up private message?

0 Likes