Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon compatible OnePlus?
LALAK

Any chance that this phone is compatible :

OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition US Model HD1925 12GB RAM 256GB ROM T-Mobile Unlocked Single SIM

or similar?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon compatible OnePlus?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's a sweet phone, LALAK! You can certainly check the compatibility here: https://www.verizon.com/sales/byod/devicetype.html?from=ddot&adobe_mc=MCMID%3D6270930348036094620384... 

I hope this helps. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
LALAK

I does have some great specs! Specs are better than the 8 pro and its 5g (and a much better price).

I appreciate the link. It must not be compatible as the dropdown list didnt populate with that item. I couldn't enter a device id since i had not purchased the phone, did not want to buy if there was no chance 😕

0 Likes
LALAK

So I found this in a OnePlus forum:

*HOW TO* Activate OnePlus 7 Pro 5G on Verizon - @vzw and OP SUPPORT PLEASE READ!via OnePlus 7 Pro

Froyo
per @akk99d
After hours of tinkering and hold music with Verizon, this is how I got incoming SMS working on my OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. This is only for the Unlocked Sprint GM1925 and European GM1920, as the IMEIs are loaded in Verizon's system for the T-Mobile or other international models

First, any carrier-unlocked Sprint that have the Sprint, Boost, or Virgin bootanimation likely need the OnePlus software restore tool to Erase Sprint Carrier configs, you'll likely get stuck at activation with a SIM that isn't for the Sprint network if you don't this!

Factory-unlocked OP 7 Pro's and European 5G models can omit this step!

Backup any existing data that you don't want erased (I use Swift Backup), as MSM resets your phone to bone stock Android Pie.

This is the official tool for restoring, made by OP. Prior to running the software restore tool in EDL Mode, tick Erase Carrier: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261604268 If you want to get back to Android Q, you can OTA update again after MSM.

-Insert your Verizon SIM

-Power off your phone completely with the USB disconnected and click start in the tool,

-Hold your volume keys and insert the USB cable plugged into the PC into the phone.

-Allow the software to run for about 5 minutes, when it's done, the Sprint bootanimation will be gone!

Call Verizon. Ask for Level 2 Tech Support. They're still going to bug you for account information, first.

Verizon hasn't whitelisted Sprint or the Euro 5G's IMEIs so you'll want to have a factory unlocked IMEI ready.*

This is the item for the rep to enable: Feature Code 732 - CDMA-less Roam Tier Override

Sidenote: While you're at it, you can ask the rep to double-check that they have HD voice calling enabled. That feature was on for me since activation.

The rep may have to "engage external support" which means that they create a request to a different department to enable the feature. My phone took about 2 hours, after adding that feature, to start receiving SMS. Be aware, I did not have a backlog of texts stored on their server. My inbox started at zero. Hopefully, you have them mostly backed up.

Every so often, I used my Google Voice# to send a test message. In the meantime Verizon has a web app for SMS should fine in the interim. The desktop app doesn't seem to work, so just open a tab to the browser-based app. There was no SMS backlog for that app, either.

In the delayed time until I started receiving SMS, I called to bug tech support again and it said that my "phone number is reserved for internal Verizon business usage." I took this as something was getting done on the backend.

To any Verizon support reps who can submit feedback: PLEASE EMAIL WHOEVER YOU NEED TO to add the Sprint and Euro 5G OnePlus 7 Pro IMEIs to your whitelist, so we don't need a donor IMEI!

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

It probably would have helped the community members to evaluate if the model was possibly compatible if you had included a link to the specifications of the phone instead making us manually search for it. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Per the post from the OnePlus forum, the IMEI numbers for the T-Mobile model was loaded into the Verizon system. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LALAK

That's what the post says, but I have seen many other people that struggled and gave up. I guess I'm just hopeful because I was pleased with what the phone had to offer. Still doing more research to be sure, but I simply figured Verizon would be the place to go for an answer.

0 Likes
LALAK

I did not know that I needed to post a link to help others help me. I wrote the exact specific model and entire name of the product and thought it would be enough for Verizon to know if it was compatible. What specs would I have needed to mention/link to for community members? I didn't see many other doing this, just posting the phone name. I am not as tech savvy as others are, and I have only owned about 4 or 5 cell phones in my lifetime, so I apologize if I did something incorrect.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

My 2 cents some people don't like to hunt and peck to find the model and would rather have a direct link to it on the one plus site to check out.  It's not all Verizon reps here some people are other customers trying to help with their knowledge of the service.  Have you contacted one plus to see what they have to say about their phone working on verizon?  From what I understand not all Verizon features will work on an unlocked non Verizon branded phone like visual voice mail.   Most likely verizon has no clue unless you can input the actual ID number to check.