Verizon promotions
Bababin1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for the bring your own device and get $450 promo in September. This was an online ONLY promotion, I did everything I was told to do by the online rep through chat.  I was told I would recieve the $900 in gift cards in the mail at the ens of our conversation. I waited and my first bill came around and so I hadn't recieved anything.  When I called customer service, I was told thqt I had to submit a rebate with some special codes to get the promotion, but that is was to late to do it at that point because it was past 30 days. I was never informed of this over the chat with the online rep. I have spent countless hours online chatting and not getting anywhere with this. Everytime I would get a message back it was a new rep who I had to explain the situation over to again, and they would suggest the same things and ask the same questions, to no avail. I called in again a little over 2 weeks ago and a man said someone else would call me back about the promotion on 3 to 5 business days. Noone has called me to resolve this issue, and my second third billing cycle starts in 6 days. So I assume if I havent paid it by then.... they will cut my service. I called at least 10 times this weekend .... only to be on hold for 20 to 30 minutes each time and never get a person. I have been dealing with this for 2 months and am exhausted with trying to through to anyone who can help me. I never recieved promotion I was promised whey I signed up. My only option is to not pay the bill and switch to ATT, because noone will contact me and honor Verizon's end of the deal. This company has horrible customer service and it is impossible to do business with them. 

Re: Verizon promotions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is imperative that you get every promotion you qualify for, Bababin1986. We will do all we can to that end. We have sent you a Private Note, so we can gather some more details and access the account.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Verizon does not honor their promotions
elizabeth02871
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am dealing with a similar situation. Six months ago when I switched to an unlimited plan, I was told by that I qualified for a free iPhone 12. I was not shopping for a new phone, but I was talked into it.  I was told that I would see the promotion applied to my bill within 2 billing cycles, but It has now been 6 months and I am still paying for the phone.  I have stopped back at the store many, many times, and they keep telling me they are working on it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

elizabeth02871,

Getting in on a good promotion is a big part of your purchase. Instead of calling the store, we can help you here. Because we will need to access your account, I am also sending you a Private Note, so we can begin. 

0 Likes
drizzt_545

I am having the same problem, with the recent Apple Ipad $200 e gift card promotion.  IT was Promoted on the Apple website, and I verified it with a Verizon Rep before purchasing the ipad through Apple, because Verizon could not get me the 8th gen 128gb ipad for months.  Once I got the ipad I had to jump through hoops to try and complete the rebate application.  I just received an update from Verizon telling me it will not be honored since I bought it through Apple.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drizzet_545, we always want to help in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note for better assistance! 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
bruce63

I am currently working through exactly the same issue.  Apple says I have done everything correctly but Verizon sent me this:

Invalid reason(s):
Your purchase was not from a participating location.

I purchased from Apple.com.  Verizon not answering my calls.  Live chat is not responsive either.  No way to contact a person.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bruce63, let's go ahead and look into this together to see what is going on. So we can help, please send us a Private Note! *Jose

0 Likes
Jsab89

I know this is a past message but I too and now having the same issues. BYOD promotions online order. Nothing mentions a code to put in. I clicked and followed everything on the promotional link even printing out the steps as I go for my records. I now am being told that only one promotion even shows up for the $450 when in fact I brought two decives because the other 2 were not eligible. The step by step on the promotional link even tells you if it's eligible or not. I was told the promotion has expired and there is nothing that can be done. I don't understand how having all the proof of doing this promotion in the time period can't resolve the issue. There is nothing that says submitting a code anywhere. 

0 Likes
HBYB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.. it was never mentioned that I had to “activate” this promo to get the BYOD gift credit and BOGO gift credit within 30 days. Now they’re trying all they can to not give me anything. They claim they tell clients when they sign up and that they send notifications. I asked them to furnish proof of this notification and they came back and told me they can meet me “halfway” and offer 40% of the original amount that was supposed to be given to me. Deceitful and absolutely disgusting.