Re: Verizon promotions
Dixon111321
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am hoping someone from Verizon can contact me. I’m dealing with the same problem. It’s a shame I switched carriers to be treated this way.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, Dixon111321. Please be assured that we want to resolve any promotion issues that you are experiencing. Please share more specific details of the promotion that you need help with. You are a valued customer and we want to check this issue further for you. -Antonio

0 Likes
Jasonsierra116
Enthusiast - Level 3

Only way I got it solved was going through Twitter. 

On here I got the same "we want you to be happy" message from like 5 different reps over a few weeks....and no resolution. On twitter it took one evening. 

0 Likes
Crazrich
Enthusiast - Level 1

If my issue doesn’t get resolved I’ll be cancelling my service (2 phones, 1 tablet, 1 jetpack, 2 x 5G home internet 1 Apple Watch). I have been a customer for 18yrs.  Additionally I will file a complaint with the FCC and Better Biz.  I’m supposed to receive a nest max after 60 days of installing home 5G.  I see it in my account up until the very day that I’m eligible then it disappears.  After several hours and multiple dead ends an agent explains some bogus “account checks”at 64, 68, 71, 90, 84, 88 and 94 days. I’d there is any balance on your account on those days, you are not eligible for the free device.  This practice makes it impossible to receive the promotion and it was never explained nor is it listed in the rules of my receipt.  They count on people giving up because it has become impossible to speak to anyone at Verizon.  It used to be a good company but now it’s just trying to rip you off.  So unfortunate.  If this doesn’t get resolved I’ll be taking my $400 per month elsewhere.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to be able to take advantage of the Google Nest promotion. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note, Crazrich

*Rebecca

0 Likes
KenzWats
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, reading your story was like you explaining EXACTLY what we are going through currently. Except ours is the promotion for $500 for each phone we brought over from our other carrier to Verizon (this promotion is actually still going on). I have been trying to get someone with any bit of integrity to give us the promotion like they promised they would. Did your issue ever get resolved? I know it’s been 2 years, but they’re STILL doing this to people! 

I’ve had the issue escalated 2 times and had a supervisor tell me she was going to give me $70 in credits on our next bill while I waited for her callback. She said to give her a week and she would investigate my issue further and then give me a call. It’s been longer than a week and no callback. No credit on our bill either. 

0 Likes
Alexanderturner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my daughter an s22 + in April the Verizon agent told me about a promo if I brought my own device and switched over to their network I agreed he then asked if I had any smart watches I wanted to switch as well for the same promotion $250 rebate per device I agreed and I called my current carrier and ended my service with them to switch to Verizon.

The agent informed me I will be getting the rebate sent to my address. 2 weeks later I called Verizon wondering about the rebates I should have received, the agent on the phone seemed confused and said we email those, I checked while being on the phone with her and told her I have no email. She then said she would put it in to be sent that it would take a week to process. I never heard of an email taking a week to send. But I thanked the sales agent and Waited patiently again 2 more weeks passed I called Verizon multiple times the following weeks after just to be hung up on put on hold for more then 30 min just to be asked to hold on again then hung up on.

I finally was able to get a sales agent to escalate my request. Note it is now October 6 months had passed and every week I tried to call or get this figured out. The new agent who put in a order to escalate my problem, told me I also now have to wait 2 weeks to get it approved I was skeptical on waiting and told her here I go again but she assured me. It is now November 2022 no email no call no notices.

I called up today asking about this once again to have a rude agent tell me it's been denied. Shocked I asked why, he sounded aggravated at the question and finally moments later told me i was not approved because of three reasons: ( Get this now)

1.) The 2 bring your own devices I transfered to Verizon were not smart devices theirfore they do not qualify  for the rebate.

2.) The rebate was not put in within 30 days to redeem my rebate.

3.) The promotion is only for a bring your own device.

Now what do you call that? Is he calling me stupid or is this a joke.

I politely said let me ask you, what do you consider a smart device? His response was is your phone android? I said yes. His response was it does not qualify.

Hold on I have a note 10 + and a smart watch are those not smart devices?

Next I said I u derstand my rebate was not put in within 30 days as I have said numerous other times I never received any rebate to apply with. No notices no emails nothing.

His response the rebate is expired. Nothing we can do.

My response was: the rebate was valid when I bought the phone yes? I've been trying to get it since then if you cannot tell by all your notes and the last 20 minutes of me explaining my situation  how can you tell me I didn't apply for it within 30 days if you never gave me anything to apply with.

He rudely continued to say I have nothing to do and cannot help you that I should have applied within 30 days of transferring the phones and refused to get anyone higher to help then hung up on me.

Moments later I loose service after using someone else's phone I find out he canceled my account after a moment with the new agent reactivated my phone service I hung up disgusted with Verizon not only for the run around and waste of my time for almost 7 months but to disconnect my service that's messed up. I never will do anything with Verizon again and you can bet I will be terminating my service soon. As for the remaining balance owed on the phone I bought well they can take that rebate that was promised and never given and use that to pay it off because honestly I don't think I should. 

0 Likes
Verizoncarter

I am currently dealing with this also. My mother was told she would get 800 for her trade-in. She  was not shopping for a new one but was talked into it with the 800 promise. Now 4 months and many calls later we are still dealing with this with no resolve. I am making another call today to waste another 2 hours of my time…

0 Likes
GeorgieGirl1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

We switched from T Mobile end of September.  

We were told we  qualified for the” FREE” I phone 14 max promotion.  Did not realize it truly wasn’t FREE!!!   We were not told it was a monthly credit toward the price of the phone..  Spent countless hours both chatting and calling Verizon to find out when this promotion would show up on our bill

Our Bill is outrageously high.  We also set up auto pay which should give us a monthly discount.   Also not showing on our bill with three lines.  

Mind you we also outright paid close to $3000.00 to purchase two I phone 15 pro maxes.  
We did this last week of September.  The girl we originally talked to was literally on the phone with us for over three hours.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! We are sad to see you in this dilemma. Managing costs and discounts is vital, especially when you are administrating your finances. Verizon is here to help.

For Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max info, click on this link: https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-14-pro-max/.

For Auto Pay details, check out our FAQs: https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/.

We sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

~Gilbert

0 Likes