Verizon not honoring their promotions
unhappy98760
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went in May 2021, to Verizon and switched my phones to them from AT&T. I was told there was a bring on device promotion going on and switching my Iphone 12 pro max, Ipad pro and apple watch to Verizon would give me $650.00 in. a Verizon gift card to be used as a credit card. I was told at the time of switching that I didn’t have to do anything else further the promotion would be applied, and it would take about six weeks to receive. I didn’t receive it so called Verizon and was told it would be received in a couple of weeks. I never received it and called again. This time Verizon said it was being processed and I should be receiving it soon. Never happened. Called back and Verizon said they could not find it and I had not signed up for the promotion in the allotted time frame that Verizon would attempt to get it approved. Never happened. I called back again and was told it was out of the time frame and nothing else could be done that it was my responsibility to apply for it in the time frame and didn’t do it. I ask how do I apply for something that I have not been told to apply for that the seller (Verizon) never told me anything else about the promotion other than it was applied for at time of purchase and I needed to do nothing. It’s a (bad prohibitive word misleading) to get your business and Verizon doesn’t honor their promotion! I only switched because of the promotion.  Time to leave Verizon and go back to AT&T.  Can not do business with a bunch of lies that are told by Verizon to get your business.

Re: Verizon not honoring their promotions
Unhappy2022
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same thing happen. I ported a phone from TMobile in April 2021 for a new line offer to get $459.99 off the Samsung S20. Was promised the monthly credit would apply to my account in 2-3 billing cycles and it didn't. I've called multiple times over the last year and messaged with them and they only gave me a $100 gift card, $199.99 in monthly credits @ $8.33 for 24 months and an inconvenience credit of $57.41. They still owe me $102.59 and they are saying they cannot locate the original offer I was promised. I was just told I'm out of luck on it. I'm totally disgusted with Verizon over this. I've been a loyal customer for YEARS. Perhaps it's time to change that!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no Unhappy2022, we are concerned to learn that you have had this experience with us. Our goal is to turn this situation around as we would never want to lose you. Did the promotion you were speaking of require a trade-in? 

-Candice

0 Likes
Cishephard

I became a new customer with Verizon Jan 13 2022 and was offered a trade in promo that was to pay for my new phone with my trade in but unfortunately have yet to see the promotion applied I have called multiple times in trying to get  it applied but each month I am told the same thing it will be applied to next bill and when the next bill comes nothing is there. This is not ok for a new customer to have to jump though hoops just to get what was promised when I signed up for the service.. if I would have known I surely would not have traded my device in to be bamboozled out of what is rightfully mine.. is there anyway I can get some help with getting my promo or at least give me my device back this is un expectable.

Order ID# 2657737

Submission ID: 285982712961418

Received Feb 11

Assessed Estimated: Feb 16

0 Likes
PR12

Same thing.  This ad offering free iPhones to EVERYONE  is a total bait and switch.  Need to find a lawyer that wants to make a statement by going after theses guys for the deceptive advertising.  Class action

0 Likes
PR12

They are playing an ad that says EVERYONE gets a new iPhone 13.  Turns out no one gets it.  How can they get away with lying?  

0 Likes