Verizon will NOT honor bring-your-own-device rebate
clay73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I brought over 4 devices and was told that I would receive a notification and promo code in my account that I could apply.  that code and notification never appeared so I was unable to apply for the rebate.  Now, 9 months later I would like to use that $2000 that I was promised yet when I called Verizon their answer is "sorry you never applied for your rebate", which is not every possible because they never gave me the ability to do so.  I will be contacting the FCC and BBB over this and hopefully I can get a better outcome.

Re: BEWARE: Verizon will NOT honor bring-your-own-device rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, @clay73 ! We do understand this situation. To further assist you, I will be sending you a PM, so we can check this together and find out the best resolution.

*Lara

0 Likes
Re: Verizon will NOT honor bring-your-own-device rebate
maywoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar issue and was supposed to get a $400 rebate when I signed up only to be told later that I was supposed to "apply" for the rebate" AFTER signing up.  WHO DOES THIS?!?!?  Why wouldn't a customer want a rebate after signing up if that was the incentive they were given to sign up?!  So deceptive and evil.  Like you, I posted to this forum and someone from Verizon said they would contact me to resolve the issue and yet they didn't.  I think they only say that  for optics (so others will think that they're putting forth their best effort but it's all a ruse as you can see given the number of times this issue. comes up).  I'm definitely cancelling and switching to a diffeent provider once my contract is up.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! We are so sorry that this happened to you. We would be more than happy to help. Please follow and PM us, so we can assist. 

*Cassandra

0 Likes
joeyelectric85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same issue and it's really annoying and a waste of time. I added 4 lines and a smart watch, it was supposed to be for $900. I have been calling because I never received a notification or an email for my promo code. After a phone call when they agreed to honor it and informed me that it was approved for an extension, I attempted it and the code did not work. I called again, only this time I was told that it was expired and there was nothing they can do about it. What option do I have to give them their devices back and return to t mobile ? This is a fraud. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're honored that you chose us. To be sure we've shared the right code. When did service begin? What is the rebate code we shared?

-David

0 Likes
marti4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same For me , transferred 5 lines and denied for rebate because didn't submit my rebate on time within 30 days. why there is deadline for submitting the rebate ? it shows Verizon count on the money of the customers who promised for rebate but run to payback.going back to ATT

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please message us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for assistance.

*Harley

0 Likes