Will the Blackberry Key2 be whitelisted?
Firefighter1272
Enthusiast - Level 1

What's the status of the Blackberry Key2 on the whitelist?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will the Blackberry Key2 be whitelisted?
INQUIRING-MINDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would be nice if VZW would either confirm or deny this as soon as possible

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Certified Open Market Android Smartphones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

INQUIRING-MINDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you.

0 Likes
t1970

I see the list but it does not answer the question, "will it be Whitelisted?"

0 Likes
INQUIRING-MINDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly! A yea or nay would be nice, so those of us that are at a point where we need to commit hundreds of $$ on a new device can make the decision to either pick another device or another carrier.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

No one knows. The reps that come here don't know and if they did they couldn't tell you anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello T1970, we know it is important to know which devices are compatible with our network, and which would not be. At the moment, the list provided previously is correct and up to date with the devices compatible on our network. However, we are in the process of phasing out any CDMA devices, which means that any device including the BlackBerry Key2 functioning with the CDMA network, will eventually be white-listed. At the moment, we do not have an exact date of when this will happen, but we will post updates on our website as soon as it is announced.

AnnaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
otterry53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Customer Service, Your note  "which means that any device including the BlackBerry Key2 functioning with the CDMA network, will eventually be white-listed" indicates that you do not really understand what is at issue here.

The Blackberry sold both GSM and CDMA versions of the KeyOne phone, so we Blackberry fans were able to buy the CDMA version and use it on Verizon.

Blackberry has now come out with the Key2, but is not selling a CDMA version, so we are trying to find out whether the Key2 will function with Verizon's CDMA network and eventually be whitelisted so we can decide whether or not to spend $700 to  buy the Key2.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Verizon is shutting down it's CDMA on Dec 31 2019 anyway. So CDMA doesn't matter However the device has to support Verizon VoLTE which I would say the Key 2 does not but it's not whitelisted.

0 Likes