Will the new Blackview 9800 Pro work on the Verizon network?
OffroadJoe75

I am looking to purchase a new, rugged phone that I can use at work. The two I am considering are the Cat S61 and the Blackview 9800 Pro. The Cat S61 will not work on Verizon. Blackview says their 9800 Pro will but I don't always trust manufacturers because they are trying to sell phones. I can't find an IMEI number without purchasing a phone, so I can't check that. Does anyone have any experience with Blackview phones on the Verizon network?

0 Likes
Re: Will the new Blackview 9800 Pro work on the Verizon network?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello OffroadJoe75,

We know how important it can be to get a phone that can handle your lifestyle. When it comes to a device that is not currently offered on our website, you will need to reach out to the manufacturer directly to receive information on if the device is compatible with our network. All device we currently offer can be found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should reach out to the manufacturer to request they get the phone certified for the Verizon Wireless network if the phone has the proper frequencies for the Verizon Wireless network and is capable of VoLTE calls. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
coinmn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased the Blackview BV9500 Pro in 2018.  Went online and activated it myself on myverizone.com.  The phone worked fine but after 2 months of carrying around a big battery like that I decided to go back to my original Pixel.  Recently, the Pixel battery has been dying in a few hours, so I wanted to go back to the BV9500 until I could decide what my next phone would be.  I was unable to activate it and called support and they said the IMEI wasn't in their system.  They told me to go to a Verizon store and see if they could help.  WORTHLESS!!  I drove 45 minutes to a store and they didn't have a clue and looked at me like I had 3 eyes.  When you check Verizons list of approved phones, Blackview isn't on there and neither is OnePlus.  C'est la vie!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you had issues using your Blackview 9800 device and problems with receiving help from our store location. Some devices on our approved list may not be fully compatible but work with our network. I'm also sorry your Pixel device has battery issues. We can troubleshoot your Pixel phone until you purchase a new device. Is there any physical or water damage to that device? Is the software up to date on your Pixel phone?

KinquanaH_VZW

coinmn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Here is what I experienced trying to initially activate my Blackview 9500 and was able to do it.  Then once I switched back to my Pixel because of battery issues, the Blackview wouldn't work.  Here is what I initially did to get it to work and how can I speak to someone on a level 2 support again?

Have an update for ya. Got my new BV9500. Got on the Verizon website and entered the IMEI number which was declined.
Decided to call Verizon and got lucky and got a level 2 tech that had to be the most helpful person I have ever dealt with!
She was able to change the IMEI number to one that would work on their Network so she had me take my SIM card from my old phone into the Blackview and all I got was 3G service and could not make any calls. She advised me to go to my Verizon store to get a new SIM card.
She saved it to my file so when I got to Verizon they had all the info.
They gave me a new SIM card and Bam, 4G and can make calls!
CDMA is the old call and data service that will be phased out once 5G hits the market.
None of the 4G phones use CDMA and call on the 4G network.

So is it just luck that I got someone who could help me or what do I have to do to get this type of service with Verizon customer support again?  Keep calling until I get someone who is familiar with the issue?  Please advise....

Thanks

Frank

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! You should definitely still be able to get the same level of help you need anytime you call in. Just simply explain what the issue is, and how we were able to fix it the previous time. The agent assisting you should know how to do this, or will be able to connect you to Tier 2 if it is out of their skill set. AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
smitty370

So, as far as a definitive yes-no answer on whether I can buy a Blackview 9900 Pro and have it work with verizon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to see you enjoy the best device for your needs. We are unable t o guarantee the full compatibility of this device on the network. To further check the compatibility of a device the IMEI can be entered at https://www.verizon.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D7807772295068742988089358...

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
genestet
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of today, 7/12/20 if you enter a Blackview bv9900pro IMEI number into the Verizon compatibility checker, you will get this message "The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network." But will it work as you asked? It seems to work with full functionality, text, voice, and internet if configured properly.  For me, if I enable Enhanced 4G LTE mode, it will connect at that speed but will not place a call. I have one of the earliest 4G sims and plan to order a new sim card next week to see if that fixes it. For now I run with 4G data enabled but not 4G LTE. The data speed seems to be 4G and shows 4G without the LTE. I heard it won't work at all with the older 3G sim. Luckily, I was already a Verizon customer so I did not have to register the phone to activate a new sim card. If you are new to Verizon, it appears that someone in this thread found a Verizon technician that was able to assign a supported IMEI number for the bv9900 and I suppose register it.  Just a heads up, there is a CDMA setting in "settings", "network and internet", "mobile network", "advanced", "system select" that allow the choice of "home only" or "automatic". Do NOT change this from the default "automatic" or you may not can get it changed back and calls will fail. I was lucky to get mine back after booting into "safe mode" followed by a normal boot.

0 Likes