phone issue afer switching from t-mobile
MistyTown33

We switched 7 lines from T-Mobile to Verizon.  

We had to buy 3 phones and the other 4 were "supposedly"  compatible.

We have problems receiving text messages,  sometimes the phones will say they can't be found/registered on Verizon's network, sometimes calls just drop and we have to reboot the phones.

We are having the same exact problem with all of our Samsung phones, We have 2 Ultra S20's and the latest NOTE.

The biggest problem is that we are going out of the country next week and I went to add an international plan and I am not allowed to do so because my  phone is not compatible.

not sure why Verizon says  the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (SM-G988U)  will not work overseas.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix the issue of making phones from other carriers compatible, please  let me know.  Like, is there a database or something at Verizon where the IMEI's have to be specifically listed?

0 Likes
Re: phone issue afer switching from t-mobile
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your devices everywhere you travel, is very important. We thank you for switching to Verizon and we welcome you to our family.

Thank you for providing such detailed information. I'd be disappointed too if I were advised that my Smartphone (e.g., Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G - SM-G988U) is not able to be used when traveling abroad.

Typically, when our customers contact our representatives regarding issues like this, they're provided with an explanation why a specific device isn't global compatible. May I ask were you provided with an explanation?

We'd certainly like to assist you in any way we can. Thanks!

-Robert C.

0 Likes