Are "LIfeline" phone lines important to Verizon?
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wife and I are both 74.  Over the last 2-3 months we have spent 40-50 hours on the phone with Verizon  and gone into two different stores to no avail on either of our 2, now off,  phones.  We are paid in full.  Never past due.  And now NO LIFELINE SERVICE.  Isn't that against FCC regs?

No Service is LIFE THREATENING.   That's why the law exists!

0 Likes
Re: Are "LIfeline" phone lines important to Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jenli! WE are extremely saddened to learn that you and your wife is without service. We are here to help! Please send us a Private Message for immediate assistance. We would like to dive deeper into this issue for you and help restore services as soon as possible.

*Kay

0 Likes
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where is link to PM?

0 Likes
No Service for 74 year old married couple
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife and I are in peril due to Verizon's "marshmallow" customer service.

We are both 74. I am a Vietnam War US Army veteran. My wife and I each have Motorola smartphones we purchased from Verizon a few years ago.

We are paid in full to date.

In the last 3 months, I have personally spent over 40 hours on Verizon's website, on their chat, on their voice call centers, and even went into the local store. No progress, resolution, or any kind of interest in assisting my wife and I.

Under US law and FCC regulations, due to our age, we are legally entitled to a "Life Line" such that in an emergency we have access to 911, etc.

No one we have talked to, or communicated with, in any manner at any time at Verizon has accepted that this neglect of folks our age is de facto ageism.

Several months ago, my wife had what seemed to be a mild heart attack. She passed out while preparing breakfast while I caught her before she hit the floor, she was so limp and flacid I thought she had died. I told her "I have you and you are safe."

She came back! Thank God.

I did not have to call 911.

Today, were she to have another event (despite now being on low dosage beta blockers now), we would not be able to call 911 on either of the 2 Motorola phones we purchased from Verizon some years ago.

Just yesterday I ran errands with NO phone on me, or on her. That is why the Life Line availability is Federal Law.

This situation, which is owned 100% by Verizon, deserves to be promptly resolved. Should my wife, or I, pass, due to our lack of a Life Line, I will....

0 Likes
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

No meaningful contact as of Jan. 6 at 9A EST. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Jenli wrote:

Where is link to PM?

Click/select the profile name of the poster requesting a PM where there should be a link to Send message.  Individual agents are unable to receive PM's so we have to use the generic vzw_customer_support profile to send a message to.  Whether the specific agent asking for the PM is still online and sees/responds to your message is questionable at best.

Private Message profile.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you very much, Champion.

Insightful that C Level has so starved Customer Service and their IS departments, that they rely on volunteers, such as yourself, to attempt to remedy their "marshmallow" customer service dysfunction.  But then ROI is very important to C Level to increase stock price such that their VZ stock options make them millionaires.  Thanks for the twofer! 

0 Likes
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

The visit to the local corporate Verizon retail store was appalling.

1. No concern about Life Line loss!

2. No concern about 50%+ monthly cost increase.

3. No concern about Motorola phones purchased from Verizon now being "junk" due to leather back on BOTH phones peeling off.

4. Steroid enhanced, thirty something male body builder "explained" to this 74 year old, that phones "wear out" like "cars do."   THAT comment, in and of itself is AGEISM. When confronted regarding his "casting shade" on me, he walked off and refused to discuss.  Another manager (store?) took over and also did nothing.

5. Therefore going into a VZW store was a waste of my time.

6. That was before Christmas.  NO  FOLLOWUP.

0 Likes
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Champion, you changed your reply.  But still no URL from VZ? Guess C Level has their website staff deliberately underbudgeted. They do that to increase their ROI so their stock options will appreiciate and make them millionaires. Ignoring LifeLine and customer service issues for personal financial gain seems to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Can you tell me when this issue first began?

*Brianna

0 Likes