BYOD $500 gift card promotion
sfhseric06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon suggests that a $500 gift card will be e-delivered within 8 weeks, provided you do not engage in a device upgrade within the first 45 days. 

It is impossible to claim that gift card. Within the first weeks it is suggested you become eligible after the 45 days. When you invariably do not receive e-delivery of the gift card, Verizon will claim you are no longer eligible because you needed to enroll during some enrollment window that is not communicated. Ask me how I know? I'm attempting to claim this gift card after 10 weeks of service and I am being told "there is nothing we can do, the offer has expired".

Beware. You may have to initially call a sales rep upon switching to have any shot at claiming this gift card. 

Verizon was once the gold standard. What happened?

Re: BYOD $500 gift card promotion is fraudulent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello @sfhseric06! Sorry to hear about your troubles getting this promotional gift card. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We always want to ensure we are doing the best for our customers. We would like the opportunity to work towards a resolution. We are sending you a private message, so that we can chat on a secure channel, please.  Thank you. ~Louis

0 Likes
MK2022
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question! did you ever get your gift card? I have been back and forth with customer service on the phone and they said we are not eligible for the offer anymore! I thought Verizon was suppose to have good customer service! hopefully you got what was owed to you and hopefully someone can reach out to us because so far everyone I have spoke to has given us the run around!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you get exactly what you signed up for, MK2022. Were you able to submit required documentation within the initial time frame since making the switch originally? How long have you been waiting for the gift card since making the switch? 

-Chris

0 Likes
Warr7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do not trust the Verizon $500 BYOD gift card promotion.  It is a total fraud.  I brought a new iPhone, was offered the card and it was never sent.  When I contacted customer service they said the card already expired-but could not identify when or how the virtual  card was sent-no e-mail, no text, no message in the Verizon app.   Just a broken promise of sending $500 and the customer service person who said they would get back to me never did.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never how we want you feeling about us! We'd value the chance to look into that offer. Please, Private Message us, so we can take a closer look. 

*Eli

0 Likes
redcary
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm expriencing the same issue.   My rebate was rejected because "The line associated with this rebate is not on an eligible plan."   However I do have an unlimited plan and switched to the specific unlimited plan for the rebate.  I have called customer service three times, each time the cust service rep said the rebate would be given.  Each time it has not. 

I've also contacted the rebate center at 1-877-883-4908 . I called 10x -  the line would just disconnect after the automated greeting.  Finally reached a rep and was told that the rebate code had expired so they couldn't put the rebate through. So, they would need to send this to the rebate "review team" which is an internal team that can't be reached by the consumer by phone. Was also told that I should receive communication from them within 14 business days. (I have been told this before and never received communications from this team)

My next step is to contact the BBB.     

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello redcary! We're sorry to read about the situation with the gift card, and we'd love to help. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. ~Aaron

0 Likes
lverros
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this exact same issue. Has anyone on this discussion thread received any resolution for this? I don't understand how this can continue to happen over and over to so many people. I was told the same thing about waiting the 8 weeks. I reached out just after the waiting period, only to be told that the offer had expired and there was nothing they could do about it. After several hours on the phone with different Verizon representatives, with promises of calling me back, which nobody ever did, I still have never received the promised $500. 

How is Verizon ok with this happening over and over again...and they continue to push this promotion.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!  Thanks for reaching out to us.  We understand that you have some questions about our promotions.  We are more than happy to assist.  Please send a PM for further assistance.  *Jerina

0 Likes