Did not get the military discount due to this promotion
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently discovered Verizon's military discount program.  As a prepaid customer, I didn't have the option of registering for the veterans discount.  So after some reading, I decided to call a rep and ask about migrating to a postpaid plan.  I chose the $80 5G start plan, and the rep explained that I could apply for auto-pay which would bring the payment down to $70, and the military discount which would bring it down to $60.  Upon checkout, he mentioned the ongoing BYOD promotion and explained that I would receive a $10 credit on my bill every month for the next 36 months in addition to my other savings.  The BYOD deal caught me by surprise -- I was not anticipating saving any more money.  So I decided to add a smartwatch to my plan for another 10 bucks ---why not right?  After all was said and done, I logged in to my account to set up auto pay / paperless billing, and finally register for the veterans discount when lo and behold: it only applied a measly $1.50 discount to my watch's plan.  Come to find out, the military discounts cannot be applied to my phone because it is already part of a promotional deal.  At least, that's my understanding of what's going on.  It is extremely difficult to get a straight answer out of Verizon about this.  I should be eligible for veterans savings because I'm a veteran -- period.  I've been with Verizon for years and let go of my existing loyalty discount in order to be able to migrate to the postpaid plan with the understanding that I would receive a veterans discount.  I did everything I was supposed to do in order to confirm my eligibility, and was given misleading information from a Verizon rep about these savings.  I mean apparently even he didn't pick up on the fact that I would not be eligible for the discount because of the BYOD promotion.  It just isn't fair that I decided to move ahead with the migration with the understanding that I would be saving an agreed amount just to be bamboozled after the fact because I happened to make the switch during the promotion.  Non-veterans are saving as much as veterans under this deal. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
¡Hi Jeremy213! Thanks for contacting Verizon Social Media team. We always appreciate your preference and loyalty if you need personal assistance please contact us through Facebook or Twitter.

>Apollo

0 Likes