HTC u11
MJLIVO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read over the few U11 discussions that have already been started (and all seemed to be locked now for some reason).  I too am a victim of the HTC U11 and Verizon issue.  Have had the phone for not quite 3 months and returned to the local corporate store now 3 times with no service.  The last time I was quietly told to move along that they could not support this phone.  VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!  Love the phone...ALOT.  Unusable on Verizon's network.  That's a real shame.  Now, I sit here with an old phone AGAIN.  Did I say VERY DISAPPOINTED Verizon????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
BORN_ZERO
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent 2 hours at a Verizon store and the couldn't help me, Verizon tech support could not help me, HTC support could not help me.  I went home and called Verizon one more time and it turned out the HD calling option was not turned on in my account settings.  Once it was activated I could make calls.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
46 Replies
Candyman1369

Below are two links that explain why all HTC U11 have problem, especially the unlocked. Read them, then you will understand. I found a second site that has top ten problems and fixes and says to just get a different phone.

CDMA vs. GSM: What's the Difference? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

https://www.androidauthority.com/problems-htc-u-11-fix-785629/

0 Likes
BORN_ZERO
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent 2 hours at a Verizon store and the couldn't help me, Verizon tech support could not help me, HTC support could not help me.  I went home and called Verizon one more time and it turned out the HD calling option was not turned on in my account settings.  Once it was activated I could make calls.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Chris, thank you for providing an update. We were sorry to read about these experiences with the U11. We do believe that ensuring HD calling is provisioned at the account level (through My Verizon) and on the device will resolve most of the issues here so we are marking your answer as correct. We will also be updating our internal support resources. Thank you to everyone who posted.

0 Likes
Candyman1369

This happens every time you lose signal. In the beginning shortly after buying mine, I learnt about this problem. Verizon does not see eye to eye with HTC, simply because HTC is trying to leave bloatware out of phone. So in return Verizon has a block in their network that makes it seem like it does not recognize the device. Since band 13 is open communication, they have to allow access. 

Now after losing service many times, I researched the correct settings to reprogram the APN settings. This actually gave me better service, but then stopped working. Probably because someone noticed.  So now I just go to an area where I know good service exists. I restart my devices and give it five minutes. It will then re-register on the network. Or the prompt about your SIM is ready, will appear. After completing that process it should only take about two more minutes. Then your phone will work again. Unfortunately you will have to do this every time your device loses signal.

The second work around is to put your SIM into another newer device. Like G6, Google Pixel xl, or something equivalent. Once setup is complete, power down an put SIM in your HTC U11.  I got tired of Verizon denying to know the truth. Which is sad because I have had FIOS and now wireless for a longtime.  I praise them for their great Networks, but this is a pretty low blow. I'm guessing Apple and Samsung must give them a kickback, because HTC 10s and other newer htc devices are not sold in stores anymore. When you ask an associate about htc, their comment is I did not realize we do not carry htc anymore. Really?! Come on Verizon no need to cover up the truth, just let people know you are dissatisfied with HTC for many reasons. But stop the games. And certainly take down the false advertising of bring your own device. Because you are partial. That goes a long way in court! Also the people that are onto you get their posts blocked, no need to make it anymore obvious. I thought about going back to Sprint and Comcast. Just because. I still might...

0 Likes
MJLIVO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do recall that being taken care of in 1 of my trips back to the store.  Phone still lost connection twice after that was supposedly fixed.  Hopefully, your's will be working in another couple weeks.  Good Luck!!

0 Likes
OneTugBoat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also had connectivity issues with this phone that were never present with the htc 10. I've never in my life had to RUU JUST to get service back. There's no telling exactly what causes it. I have found that I am able to connect to bands 2 & 4 but only with an app that forces it to do so. Hopefully in the future, with your bring your own device, they will actually work as intended.

JimBob_SF

OneTugBoat​ What app is that?

0 Likes
Christiebunny
Enthusiast - Level 3

In my case, I get data, and only data, if I lock my U11 to "LTE Only"-- no calling, no calling over LTE, no calling over WI-FI even.   And, with a new sim, I lost even that.

Yet every other carrier sim I've tried (bought in the case of tracfone, borrowed for the others), works flawlessly.  (And, last I knew, tracfone used verizon's towers, among others.)  Everything works flawlessly, and I can even use wi-fi calling-- which I should be able to on verizon regardless of any other carrier/band issues, but I can't use it either.

So it's clearly not simply 'a phone issue'.  I've heard rumors that the next update will provide some sort of radio fix,  but I'm more inclined to think this won't be solved until something changes on verizon's end, unfortunately.  Especially considering that most of the people that have issues, WERE working fine for at least the first day or two after they put the phone on verizon.

mega-corp or  not, it's in their best interests to have happy customers... lawsuits are always more trouble than fixing the problem that led to them would have been.  I hope someone in the right position can see this thread, and takes heed, soon Smiley Sad

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both at&t and tmobile have cdma and bands 2&4. So it isn't HTC blocking us it's [Removed] Verizon.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MJLIVO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been in discussions with the Executive Relations Department over the last several days.  As I get information I will post on here as she passes it on to me. 

HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me try to guess his name, was it Jesus you were speaking to? I already had it out with him. They said they are not going to do anything about this issue and he closed my case. He got irritated with me cause I refused to accept his response. hopefully you have better luck. More people need to do the same.

michaelbsheldon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a long time Verizon customer. Have the U11 and want to follow this because I too have very poor data speeds and every once in a while, I'll notice I have zero signal. Really like both Verizon and HTC and would like this phone to have full network access with WiFi calling and carrier aggregation.

Please can Verizon revisit this issue and consider a firmware update flowing along with other updates to improve our signal?

paulspound
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm following this because I too have the HTC U11 and very poor data speeds and every once in a while, I'll notice I have zero signal. I also have issues with not receiving the entire text message when it's over 160 characters. Maybe I'll start a new thread and see what happens.

HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support is there anything you're going to do to resolve this issue? This issue is effecting lots of people. We may need to contact the Attorney General or start a class action lawsuit. This issue is getting completely ignored. Hopefully Verizon does what's right for their loyal customers.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

There isn't much in the short term that could be done to allow for the U11 to operate on the other Verizon LTE bands.

Each manufacturer has to submit successful testing reports meeting network requirements to the FCC & carrier for device functionality on Bands 2&4 to be reviewed and approved by Verizon.

Until the approval process is successfully completed the HTC U11 would only operate as advertised, which per HTC (as Christiebunny posted above) is only currently operational on Band 13 with Verizon.

The testing & approval process is the same for all manufacturers, regardless of seller, or versions that are unlocked (Bringing your own device) or with carrier ROMs installed. An Attorney General or lawsuit wouldn't bypass this process,

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the reply. I was just saying attorney general or lawsuit cause we have not been able to get any answers. HTC originally stated that bands 2 and 4 would work then later changed it. So we have no clue as to what is going on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then your complaint is against HTC not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, our complaints are with HTC and Verizon. Verizon is the one who is blocking bands 2 and 4 since the device was not bought from them. They are limiting us to band 13. Our complaint is with Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, HTC didn't get the proper FCC certification for all of the bands for Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless can't stop a device from working on the network if it was certified properly because of the Block C rules.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HTCU11
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's ludicrous and suggests that both ATT and TMobile are illegally allowing a device to utilize bands 2 and 4 without proper certification.

0 Likes