Re: Does HTC U11 will coming to Verizon?
theredmage
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nice, I will run out shortly for a new SIM!!

Was going to anyway to re-allow my old M8 to receive text again as every time I try to trouble shoot the U11 even keeping the SIM's separate from the M8 to U11 seems to disable this and even when I ask them to disable the CDMA-less provision.

0 Likes
theredmage
Enthusiast - Level 3

Totally off topic - Anyone else's USB-C port greasy? Like when I pull the plug out of the phone the metal part that was in it often as a layer of grease on it

0 Likes
ckupsco
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did something similar, I activated my HTC 10 with a new sim, the went

back to my u11 with the original sim and let Verizon do it. This time

something changed and it's been working all day now

0 Likes
lmarsee7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased two U11's.  I have had two completely different experiences with each.  My phone was activated first via Verizon Chat and the sim card from my M8.  It worked for 2 days before it completely stopped receiving signal and kept giving an error message about the sim card.  I first tried to solve this problem through Verizon chat but when nothing worked I was sent to the store for a new sim card.  Unfortunately there was no change with the new sim card.  I then went back to my old HTC M8 however I could not and still cannot receive calls or texts.  I can make calls and send texts but I am not receiving them.  I had to put in a ticket for this issue to be looked into.  I am 24+ hours without the ability to receive calls or texts on my M8.

My daughters U11 was activated the same day as mine but about 5-6 hours later because her HTC M7 had a larger sim card.  The new sim card was activated using my M8.  It worked great but stopped receiving texts the same day my phone quit working.  Today she began receiving texts again but then it stopped again.  We have since installed the update and now everything is working.

The person that helped me at the Verizon store said that I will continue to have problems if there are ever any updates on my account.  I was so frustrated that I didn't think to ask him what experience he has had to suggest it.  I questioned the BYOD thing and was told it is for iphones.  Maybe they should call it Bring Your Own iphone.

I appreciate everyone's postings on this forum.  I have found them to be quite helpful.  I hope someone finds this post helpful as well.

rpianos
Enthusiast - Level 3

If your HTC U11 did not activate today. Someone over at xda forums says Verizon told him a fix will be implemented tomorrow at 3pm eastern. So we will see.

Someone also said Verizon is expecting a future update to make Wifi calling usable. I think I would like LTE Advanced (band 4) implemented first. But if they are making progress, that is good.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lmarsee7, having service on both of your phones is always what we want for you. I am glad to hear that your daughter's phone is now working smoothly. So that we may have all of the details, had you just brought your phone lines over to Verizon?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AJM005
Enthusiast - Level 1

Text messages just started rolling in a few minutes ago!

llong314
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, do things seem to still be working ok... being able to receive calls and texts, as well as send calls and texts with no problems?

It just seems like things get "fixed" for awhile and then they get broken... for no apparent reason.

amo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm probably jinxing myself right now but I've had full functionality of

the phone since Thursday and everything's been working beautifully, no

complaints.

Sent from my Mobile

Alex [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
NOTLUOMNAI
Enthusiast - Level 3

So far, so good for myself!

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM, llong314 <forums@verizonwireless.com>