Verizon refuses to give $200 per line switch rebate
PeskyLobster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was happy to switch to Verizon from T-Mobile. I transferred 2 lines with $200 rebate offer for each line. I was told to wait until after my trade-in devices were accepted to get the rebates. I waited, waited but the credit didn't show up in my account and I didn't get a gift card. I messaged them and they told me I had to ask for the rebate within 30 days of account activation. Nowhere in my order details this is stated. In none of the emails they sent this was stated. I asked them to provide proof that this was communicated to me in some form but they couldn't. I am now locked in with them for 3 years due to my monthly device credits but I am going back to T-Mobile as soon as that is up. I would be grateful if anyone has any other suggestions.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon refuses to give $200 per line switch rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thnak you for reaching out to us today. We would love the opportunity to discuss your concern. Please message us directly to speak with someone today. We are always happy to help.

*Carl

0 Likes
PeskyLobster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did message the customer service via the mobile app chat. The answer I was given was stated in my original post. Hence I'm posting here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see, thank you! Please allow me to explain that we are definitley willing to take a closer look into this for you right here. Please send us a Private Note, and we can go from there. Thank you! 

-Jordan

0 Likes
jh2023
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this exact same issue. Super misleading! After multiple calls explaining my situation over and over again, the most I was offered was half the amount in credit. When I asked why they can't honor the full amount, they kept on repeating that it was because the deal wasn't acted upon in 30 days. How they expect people to take action within 30 days when there were never any notices or emails to even ACT UPON is a mystery to me. I feel like I've been deceived and honestly want to switch back to T-mobile at this point because at least I've never had this level of frustration with them.

Tags (1)
0 Likes